New Pass XP-22 Preamp

Options
Pass has upgraded their XP-20 preamp to the XP-22. Aside from electronic upgrades, they replaced the umbilical cable connecting the power supply to the pre. The stock XP-20 cable was a flimsy, plastic POS. After getting my XP-20 I found out about the Revelation Audio Cyro-silver umbilical, bought one, and was amazed at the improvement. The XP-22 cable has good paper credentials; eleven pin aircraft grade connector/plug, and silver-copper wiring.

I guess I am going to upgrade and find out if there is good difference between each model.

6pzo6g0evwyc.jpeg
ljh8msntfjsu.jpeg

http://www.moremusic.nl/pass_labs/xp22.html

http://www.moremusic.nl/pass_labs/Manuals/Manual-Pass-XP22.pdf
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    What kind of deal will you make me on the XP-20... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Right now my XP-22 price is based on the XP-20 trade-in. I hope I can throw in my RA cable, and get the difference down a little lower. It is hard to think something can be better than my XP-20 for only a ‘little’ more. :smile:

The volume settings will be the first, and easiest, experience.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I’m your huckleberry on the cable... let me know before you decide to do something with it. It should also work with my X1.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    If the X1 is a straight thru DB-25 then it will work.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    If the X1 is a straight thru DB-25 then it will work.

It is...

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    You officially have more money than God!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I found out about the Revelation Audio Cyro-silver umbilical, bought one, and was amazed at the improvement.

I use a Revelation ACryro in my Cary SLP-98 pre . . . I've not looked back!
    Highly recommended
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    edited November 2017
    Options
    found it. Edit