Arrested Development

msg
msg Posts: 9,308
edited November 2017 in Music & Movies
I've just discovered Arrested Development.

It's sort of in loosely engaging general documentary style, and then they occasionally let loose with these ridiculous funny bombs, the kind that have me rewinding repeatedly to rewatch. I had to catch myself moments ago from spitting milk. That never happens.

Great cast, and they all play well off of each other. Jason Bateman in classic form, similar to his Horrible Bosses roles, Wil Arnett, Michael Cera with a cute little Alia Shawkat as his mischievous cousin. David Cross's scenes kill, too, all by accident. Portia de Rossi's a lovable a-hole (and Australian! Her accent slips out on occasion)

If you haven't seen this yet, and enjoy ridiculous, twisted comedy, you might enjoy it, too. On Netflix.
I disabled signatures.

Comments

• I will check it out. Been looking for another gem on Netflix.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • msg
    I've had it on my list for ages and only just started it last weekend, taking a break from Burn Notice. Wish Psych was still available. I could watch that again, but they pulled it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    DSkip wrote: »
    Skip the last season. Trust me on that. My wife told me it was really bad but it didn't prepare me for that atrocity.
    1-3 are awesome. Netflix botched #4. Didn't even make it halfway through. I've disassociated it from the original.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I watched it when it originally aired on TV. Funny series until they euthanized it. Twas a sad day.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • msg
    All the good stuff gets axed. Like Herman's Head. And Manimal.

GOB's magic show S1E18 - cracks me up. Also entertaining is his use of Europe's "The Final Countdown" Revs me up. I'm gonna start playing that when I first get up in the morning. But not when I'm combing my hair.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Gyah. That is disappointing.
    I disabled signatures.