Sony 75” TV deal rocks

2»

Comments

• F1nut wrote: »
    I just got a color TV last year.

I bet it makes watching The Flintstones just like watching family home movies...

vh5tymag7lmd.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited November 2017
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I think it depends on...

A ) Viewing distance
    B ) The importance of TV in an individuals life.

I have a 60" in the living room, but it is a fairly large room and mounted on the mantle. We have a 50" in the bedroom, but again a fairly large bedroom. I have a 120" projections screen in the basement....

Our family watches a lot of TV/movies. We also read a lot of books etc, but we enjoy a lot of visual entertainment.

In most spaces, we had a smaller screen and ended up going bigger...

+1, we've had the 67" in the living room since 2008, so the move up to 75" would not
    be so drastic for what we're used to, really (room is 15 x 25). I agree that viewing distance is a prime consideration when looking at TVs, primary seating is about 12 -16' away.

I am in no rush to buy another TV, even if it is 4K, that deal would have made it
    a lot easier to consider however.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I may be middle age but when we went from a 26" to a 42" years ago, I found my vision of focus had to pan around the screen and focus on the important things in the view. I noticed it then but now years later, I haven't felt like that.

I agree with a lot of opinions, it's the distance from the screen that affects whether our vision is affected at the focusing point of view.

I sit around 8' from my TV's so 50" and below is fine for now. I do like looking at those 70" screens at Sam's Club every few weeks though. My wife always says " come on, we've got a lot to get and I'm hungry." So I walk away still looking at the TV picture.... :/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Nice find.....I'm also eyeing the TCL P series.....
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    bummer that price is not there anymore... I could almost swing that with the wife.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited November 2017
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    F1nut wrote: »
    I just got a color TV last year.
    LOL
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I just don’t understand this large tv trend for most folks. I get having a large tv in a HT situation but the trend of having these massive televisions in living/family room is ridiculous. Just sayin.

When we upgraded our HT from a 60” plasma to a projector the plan was to move the 60 to the family room. Well after trying to live with it for almost a year we pretty much gave it away and purchased a 49” HDR. It looks so much better in the room than that 60. I couldn’t imagine a 75” in the average or even greater than average living room.
    Bigger is better, it's american and thats how I'm replying to this comment.

I also have HEMI V8 so there.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Nothing wrong with bigger but when it makes sense. We prefer a simple but classy look in our home and the 60” tv was a big no go. In our HT we do have a 120” screen for movies and sports. To each is own.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Just got back from Sam's Club a while ago and they still (black Friday special) had a few 65" Vizio XLED 4K UHD smart TVs for $598!!! Their just about giving these things away these days!

Was talking with one of the cashiers there and she said that they had no line outside at opening at 7 a.m. There was less traffic there today than what the usual Saturday afternoons are like.