Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Boy those do not show up often.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I've got one....with the box B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I had one with the box as well, but after the Dreadnaught mods I saw no reason in keeping it.. :#
  • Toolfan66
    When will you ever see a new one again?
  • F1nut
    Good question.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    edited November 2017
    F1nut wrote: »

For historical purposes right. lol

So what are the TB 1 plug adaptors?
  • Toolfan66
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Twin Blade adaptors, some 1C’s and 2B’s that can use the interface had Blade Blade sockets..

• pitdogg2 wrote: »

I bought mine and keep mine for research purposes.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • pitdogg2
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Twin Blade adaptors, some 1C’s and 2B’s that can use the interface had Blade Blade sockets..

You know I was leaning that way but dismissed it due to the stock/serial number factor.
    Thanks Larry
  • pitdogg2

I bought mine and keep mine for research purposes.

Well yea how else would we of known how many sheets of aluminum foil to use. Thanks for your dedication Raife
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I had one with the "baked potato mod" (thanks Jesse and Raife) and it got the job done........it was also an undeniable sound upgrade when it got replaced with a Dreadnaught.
  • Toolfan66
    I really didn’t think this would make it through the night, I’m shocked it’s still there, I want it just because of its condition, but I have no use for it, and I really don’t want another piece of closet jewelry that cost $150. LOL!!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Yes you do....
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116

I have the same as well. Never used it though.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    Did those come with the speakers you bought new or was it always an after market item?
  • Toolfan66
    If I recall you had to purchase separately, as well as the spike kit, I believe you could order the bass brace for free though..

Jesse am I correct!!

• F1nut
    The AI-1 was definitely an extra cost item. I always thought the spikes and bass brace came with the TL models, but I could be wrong.

President of Club Polk

• stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    I think you are right. I believe my spikes and brace came with my 2.3tl's.
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    The AI-1 was definitely an extra cost item. I always thought the spikes and bass brace came with the TL models, but I could be wrong.

Nope. You are correct. I have both spikes and bass braces in my 2.3TL accessory kit. Although, that may not be true of earlier models.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I also recall my Polk dealer suggesting solutions for my blown tweeter issues that were caused by me powering mine with an 80-watt Yamaha home theater integrated. They suggested bi-amping, but they warned me that I would need this interface with a non-common ground amp. They told me it would be about $150.00, so maybe that eBay seller is trying to get exactly what he paid for it. :p
  • Toolfan66

That makes more sense..

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited November 2017
    I believe the "Bass Brace" was required due to tip-over, safety regulations coming into effect. It just happened to improve bass response as a side benefit, hence the name.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Toolfan66
    Well I would bet if not for all the Dreadnaughts built this would have sold a long time ago, but still surprised it’s still there..
  • F1nut
    It's still way better than the stock pin/blade cable and even better with the baked potato mod.

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    It's still way better than the stock pin/blade cable and even better with the baked potato mod.

????? Baked Potato Mod please elaborate, I happen to have one of these its not in use because of a Dreadnaught.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Toolfan66
    edited November 2017
    gudnoyez wrote: »

????? Baked Potato Mod please elaborate, I happen to have one of these its not in use because of a Dreadnaught.

You wrap the plastic case on the AI-1 with layers of foil like a bake potato..

• gudnoyez

What can one expect after wrapping it in tinfoil? How many layers? Are you guys taking me snipe hunting :D Have you tried it yourself?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited November 2017
    3 layers of foil seemed to be the magic number if memory serves correct. I never did a comparison with mine (with or without foil) I just left the foil in place and just like Jesse said it is an improvement over the basic interconnect cord
  • pitdogg2

What can one expect after wrapping it in tinfoil? How many layers? Are you guys taking me snipe hunting :D Have you tried it yourself?

IIRC DK was the one who did the research.
    So that snipe's been killed
  • gudnoyez
    OK guys do you do three layers around the box only or do you wrap around where the cord and cord protectors go into the box also? If someone can find that link where DK covers this please post.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head