Say Hello To my little Rythmik Friends!

Thorton
Thorton Posts: 1,324
8qk1y2dnu1w6.jpg
c9gn1wqwcsls.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
DAC: Bricasti M1SE
Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics

Comments

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    That's great.Nice set up.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited November 2017
    You get a nice goin! I'd like to replace my two NHT 12 inchers with some 15" Rythmik F15's. Salk will build them with enclosures to match my speakers. I have over 10K cubic feet on the main level for my two channel system.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    That was you?!! I'm on the East Coast, can you turn it down a smidge?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Very nice looking set-up.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2017
    Wow, that is some serious low end. Great choice , 4-15"ers... WOW.

What you described is what I felt the last time we went to the movies and saw either Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy 2. My memory is not what it used to be...

The recliner was vibrating and I don't think they have bass shakers mounted on them.
    The bass was POWERFUL !!!! And I liked it !!! B)

Just like you did and will every time from now on as long as your wife will let you listen the way you want to. Even at lower levels, you won't be missing any frequencies at the lower spectrum at all.

Very Nice !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Dude that is awesome. My friend in Bellingham and I in SoCal have been wondering why we are both getting tremors at the same time..

Sweet setup man just sweet.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Sweet Jesus, I just picked up a pair of their little brothers, the F8’s. I can’t imagine the F25’s!

“Statement” Bass for sure
  • Thorton
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    You get a nice goin! I'd like to replace my two NHT 12 inchers with some 15" Rythmik F15's. Salk will build them with enclosures to match my speakers. I have over 10K cubic feet on the main level for my two channel system.

Rich, I think 2 - F15's would be perfect for you since this is only for 2 channel. Our rooms are around the same size. I felt the 2 F25's would be no problem for music but I worried if they'd be enough for HT. I was at the point that when they arrived if they weren't enough for HT that I'd pick up another one. I never believed that I'd have to turn them down. And I'm not running them hot either.

I know why Jim partnered with Rythmik. These subs shine in music applications.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Thorton
    Thanks for the comments guys. One thing I forgot to mention. I did check the next day if my wife was exaggerating about every shaking and moving..........she wasn't. I have no idea how some guys put 4 or more 18' ported subs in their theater rooms without knocking down the walls. I'd have to nail down everything in my house.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Sweet looking setup
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Thorton wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys. One thing I forgot to mention. I did check the next day if my wife was exaggerating about every shaking and moving..........she wasn't. I have no idea how some guys put 4 or more 18' ported subs in their theater rooms without knocking down the walls. I'd have to nail down everything in my house.

Thick walls or good eq lol...

But yes my 18” was making everything move in my house... and I loved it
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Hello, nice very nice.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Freakin Sweet!!!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Very nice!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited November 2017
    Thorton wrote: »

Rich, I think 2 - F15's would be perfect for you since this is only for 2 channel. Our rooms are around the same size. I felt the 2 F25's would be no problem for music but I worried if they'd be enough for HT. I was at the point that when they arrived if they weren't enough for HT that I'd pick up another one. I never believed that I'd have to turn them down. And I'm not running them hot either.

I know why Jim partnered with Rythmik. These subs shine in music applications.

I agree on all counts! My little NHT's do a good job. Best sub placement for me was between the speakers and against the wall, speakers about three feet into room. My room is a great lesson about bass waves. Low bass sounds great in the sweet spot, walk toward the middle of room and bass cancels out then returns.

Have you heard the Salk Exotica 3's? Nice speaker but a bit genre niche for me. The SoundScape 8's can handle anything and sound fantastic while the Exoita's mostly shine with the softer stuff.

High marks on your setup!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Very nice Mr. Thorton!
    I take it those are SS 8BEs with matching center channel?
    Curious minds need to know…
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Thorton
    SCompRacer wrote: »

I agree on all counts! My little NHT's do a good job. Best sub placement for me was between the speakers and against the wall, speakers about three feet into room. My room is a great lesson about bass waves. Low bass sounds great in the sweet spot, walk toward the middle of room and bass cancels out then returns.

Have you heard the Salk Exotica 3's? Nice speaker but a bit genre niche for me. The SoundScape 8's can handle anything and sound fantastic while the Exoita's mostly shine with the softer stuff.

High marks on your setup!

I know what you mean. Placement in the room is critical. I have the SS8's father in the room than the wife likes but they're there for the best sound and response. The subs I have outside the mains. Location was dictated by the doorwall and cabinet set-up but I'm able to get the best sound, low end and blending with the mains at their current location. One thing that is nice is that you can walk around the room and not really lose anything or have too much low end in one location. I do have it really dialed in for MLP though since this is where I mostly listen at.

I've only heard the Exotica 3's once for not very long. I thought they were nice but I just really love the RAAL and accuton midrange and overall presentation of the SS8's. I loved them the first time I heard them and my feeling hasn't changed to this day. Although it would be nice to swap them in my set-up to do a nice comparison but I don't see that ever happening.
  • Thorton
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Very nice Mr. Thorton!
    I take it those are SS 8BEs with matching center channel?
    Curious minds need to know…

These are the standard SS8's and C7. I purchased them used before the BE's were launched. I really like the RAAL tweeter and accuton midrange combo since the first time I've heard the SS8's.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Have you made any changes to the rig as of late? I too have dual F-25's and the sound for music is absolutely wonderful.

Nice setup BTW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~