Model RR or real photo?

Options
What is your opinion?

23659540_909040009248485_4522024213658696231_n.jpg?oh=9722a64745949aca7fc66a62724c7ba6&oe=5A94F79A

Keep in mind, I do not know the answer. I saw this on a FB post from a "Nature Only" club. I'm leaning toward the Model RR side of things....what say you?

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Looks like a very well done HO gauge layout to me...
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I'm going with real. The amount of detail is beyond obsessive. The only thing throwing me off is the sharpness of the leaves in the upper foreground... But I'm sticking with real.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Real... fake.

There are scale issues with the foliage nearest the camera to the distance of the train in the shot. Something is way off there.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The misty mountain tops would suggest real. Definitely not on this continent.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Real.

That is a lot of serious mountainous construction accomplishments in that one picture. ALOT !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I used to be a train dispatcher in a former lifetime a thousand years ago and its hard for me to tell, but as mentioned the fog and misty mountaintops, the tint of the different colored trees, are over the top if this is fake. Must be Burma or something if real. Pretty weird cars Lol.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Appears to be an electric train? Not as in a toy train.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Model. It would be pretty unlikely to have 3 lines going through a mountain in what appears to be a very remote location.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    There is also a triple arch bridge on the line to the left, where a single arch would have worked and been far cheaper ane efficient.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=real+jungle+moutain+pass+with+tunnel+and+electric+locomotive&view=detail&mid=F3D91F9075901D7A6683F3D91F9075901D7A6683&FORM=VIRE

This is the actual train and THERE ARE 3 TUNNELS.

indiantrains@ zigzag train & 3 tunnels, lonavala hills, maharashtra, india

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Nah, that's probably India.

They are still running electric overhead lines and since most of the infrastructure there was first built by the British, lots of it dates back to the 1800's with early 1900's modernization. It's all way out of date now.

But the stuff that you think is inefficient was built well before modern construction techniques were available. So for the time of it's construction where steel girders that would allow for a larger span were not available, a multi-arch stone trestle was made with what was readily available and that's copious amounts of rocks.

Also, unlike today where we have massive machines that bore tunnels, it wasn't uncommon for multiple lines to converge in a convenient, natural mountain pass to not only save time and money on construction efforts but reduce costs in distributing resources for the train lines.

But it honestly does look real to me. I could be mistaken and it's just a very well done diorama but despite all the protestations about leaves and scale and such, it's the lighting that makes me believe it's real. It's far too natural, like an overcast day and the way the light gets diffused by the clouds.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,428
    Options
    Neil Young would know.
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Jstas, it is India see my last post.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    There is a process or technique used and/or applied to photographs of real life that makes them look like miniatures. It's called "tilt-shift photography" and may be what we see here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt–shift_photography
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Where are the electric lines at the tunnel entrances?..They seem to dead end there..they would have to continue...Also look at the bonsai looking tree in the center and it's relationship to the engine a few feet away...That would have to be a whopper tree in real life wouldn't it?...
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=real+jungle+moutain+pass+with+tunnel+and+electric+locomotive&view=detail&mid=F3D91F9075901D7A6683F3D91F9075901D7A6683&FORM=VIRE

This is the actual train and THERE ARE 3 TUNNELS.

indiantrains@ zigzag train & 3 tunnels, lonavala hills, maharashtra, india

In that video, the tracks are always shown in pairs. In the picture, there are never any shown side-by-side like in the video.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Jstas, it is India see my last post.

That means I would have to actually pay attention to your posts and that's, like, against my religion or something.

So there!

NYAH!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I was pretty close guessing it was Burma. Very interesting stuff.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Neil Young would know.

Neil Young would know. Neil Young does know. EVERYTHING !

Back in the day, my dad worked at a major defense contractor. There were a lot of employee based clubs there, one of them being a Model Railroader club.
    About once a year the MR club would have a fair to display the works of their "hobby".

Absolutely stunning. Some of the members would be inclined to give God advice on how to improve His display of the scenery in the real pic that Mr. T posted.
    And God would listen. :o

Sal Palooza