Has anyone tried the Tung-Sol Reissue 6SN7GTB Vacuum Tube 6SN7 6SN7GT?

If you have I am interested in what you heard.

I need 6 for the input side of my Wright Sound Company amp.

Thanks,
Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    No, but -- this might be of interest vis-a-vis this topic (in case you didn't see it Over There).

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/comparison-on-current-production-6sl7s.791214/

Now, I'll grant you that the 6SN7 isn't identical to the 6SL7 :| (the latter has a higher amplification factor) but they're certainly similar -- and I would guess that comments on various manufacturers' 6SL7 offerings, old and new, are probably at least broadly applicable to the same manufacturers' 6SN7s.

In full disclosure, I bounce back and forth between the two tube types in the voltage amplifier role in my SE 2A3 amplifier -- so I tend to think of them as perhaps more interchangeable than most folks would :)

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Thank you sir, interesting read. I find myself at Brent Jesse's looking at NOS in the same price ran as the reissue TS and will probably go that way but was interested in anyone had used them.

The reviews seem positive, not glowing but good.
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You can send Brent an email and ask his thoughts on the best NOS Tube to use. The guy is pretty knowledgeable. Different brands will have different flavors/characteristics....like with any tube actually.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • thsmith
    Thanks Tony, Agree and I have used Brent many times. I looked over his NOS stock and he has quick a selection for 20-30 bucks a piece with is the price range for the TS reissues.

I did send him an email this morning informing him of my application and recommendations in that price range.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    I've used them. If I couldn't find any NOS then I'd use them. Too many NOS to worry about those. You can also Sub 6BL7 6BX7 for 6sn7 Brent sent me a set of both in triple mica. They are all I use now in my tube buffer. Brent was the one who turned me on to them. I have seen many sets from decent sellers on the bay for about 30.00 a pair for the 3mica 6BL BX7 . worth looking into ask Brent
  • thsmith
    Thanks all, Brent has responded with suggestions and price point I was looking for.

Cant beat his guarantee and tube matching service.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Good info here, thanks
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Yes Brent's good -- reminds me that I should touch base with him about 6SL7s one of these days...