• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Mornin' Gents.
    Lou Reed: New York.
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Mornin' all!
    Keep your eyes and ears on this young lady from the UK if you like blues, blues/rock.

n48xg4vnsvwo.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Good mornin’ Y’all

0it449rm2vcd.jpeg
  • chumlie
    Options
    ^^^ My Dad broke my first copy. Didn't like that Hippie music. ^^^
    Zappa: Zoot Allures.
  • dromunds
    Options
    ^^^ Lol. That In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida sure made a splash when it came out. Garage bands could play it indefinitely also if they were short on songs.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Listening to some classical. One of my absolute favorites for sure. Amazing how excellent this is for a more "contemporary" composer.
    cqyy5fr4k4fh.jpg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    ^^^ Lol. That In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida sure made a splash when it came out. Garage bands could play it indefinitely also if they were short on songs.

Let us not forget about "Ball". One of my favorites by Iron Butterfly.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    headrott wrote: »

Heavy...their first..I still listen to a copy that is mono on Atco records...
  • headrott
    Options
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    headrott wrote: »

Heavy...their first..I still listen to a copy that is mono on Atco records...

Yeah, Heavy would be tied with or a close second to Ball. "Iron Butterfly Theme" is pretty damned "heavy" and is excellent!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    Options
    Now listening to this one. A fellow Polkie turned me onto this one, but I cannot remember who it was.
    unegtwijjdfz.jpg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    wnozzszu7u15.jpg

My 4 day weekend starts in about 50 min. b4g5rvm8ym5b.gif
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/kp5rKjvNIXg

Stumbled on this one. It’s pretty great.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • dromunds
    Options
    Good morning!
    Willie Nelson. Pretty Paper.

3hvoymga8plg.jpeg
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Good morning, Don! Just putting the turkey on the rotisserie outside. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    hhijh324j4my.jpg

The Beatles • Revolver
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, Bill!
  • chumlie
    Options
    HAPPY BIRD DAY FELLA'S
    Coffee tastes so much better on the weekends.
    Jimi: Axis Bold As Love.
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    5nxzl4nku7gg.jpg

Elles Bailey • Wildfire.......Spotify

Through a few tracks very "nice" :) only album available on Spotify
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• BlueMDPicker
    Options
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    Elles Bailey • Wildfire.......Spotify

Through a few tracks very "nice" :) only album available on Spotify

I believe she only has this album and an EP released so far. I posted the EP here sometime in the last few days. It's good as well, but some of the tracks are repeated on Wildfire. Amazing voice, phrasing.

• pumpkinman
    Options
    f7eb14tvcscf.jpg

The Doors • Strange Days........SACD
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    0cvwt0tjvlz2.jpg

A single self-titled album -- that's what the California power trio Fields left behind in 1969. Guitarist Richard Fortunato, bassist Patrick Burke, and drummer Steven Lagana had been deeply influenced by Cream, by the sound of things. Fields recorded this slab for UNI with producer Bill Rinehart (formerly of Emitt Rhodes' Merry-Go-Round). The first four cuts are solidly in the hard and heavy blues-rock terrain, with twinges of psychedelia tossed in the opening "Elysian Fields" and "Jump on You," two standouts with lots of great guitar work. Things begin to change a bit on "Sun Would Set," where the wasted psychedelia takes precedence over the rough and tumble; even with the Raelettes on backing vocals and the spaced-out wasted lyrics, it's still guitar-drenched and driven into the red so the impressionistic touches are hardly noticeable. Side two is comprised of a single cut -- "Love Is the Word" is nearly 19 minutes long and is one of those utterly ambitious and crazy experiments that actually worked, with bluesed-out acid rock guitar, whomping basslines, and a skittering though steady snare and shimmering cymbals. An overdriven organ enters the picture and then comes the fuzz. After about five minutes of power soloing, a Stax-inspired soul riff is established, the horns come pushing their way in, and we're off to the races. Along with the band, Northern soul chanteuse (courtesy of Motown Records) Brenda Holloway and the Raelettes come in from outer space and enter the groove, making this a full-blown psychedelic-soul tune that never, ever gives up its groove, grease, or grit. The vocals here are almost as deliriously powerful and lusty as the screaming six-string and overblown bass groove. Thank the gods that the Fields' LP has been dusted off, remastered, and reissued by Fallout on CD. Simply amazing.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    7qr7sj25a1rl.jpg

Roger Glover • Elements
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman