B&K ST-1430

daboyz
daboyz Posts: 5,206
edited October 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Very nice B&K 3 channel amp in good condition. A couple scratches here and there. Front plate looks pretty good. 105w into 8 and 185 into 4. Have original box.

$250 plus actual shipping CONUS. Paypal is ok as friend or add the fee.
Post edited by daboyz on

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Sweet amp especially for the $. heck even if you use it as a 2 channel, great price on a solid amp.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • daboyz
    edited November 2017
    How about $275 shipped.
  • daboyz
    $225 plus actual shipping.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Despite his avatar, Dave is a teddy bear and a great guy!

Buy with confidence.

PS B&K is great stuff. Someday I want to own a 200.7 and a 200.2 to round out my collection.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • daboyz
    Thanks, Dan! Checks in the mail.
  • Question: is this still for sale? If so, would you consider listing "buy it now" on eBay? I would be interested, but would like to have option of warranty and that would only be available if bought used on eBay.
    Thank you for the consideration!
  • daboyz
    I appreciate your interest. I am not interested in all the fees that is involved with selling on the bay. It's a great piece and works flawlessly.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    daboyz wrote: »
    I appreciate your interest. I am not interested in all the fees that is involved with selling on the bay. It's a great piece and works flawlessly.

You want me to take care of this.....???
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited November 2017
    Question: is this still for sale? If so, would you consider listing "buy it now" on eBay? I would be interested, but would like to have option of warranty and that would only be available if bought used on eBay.
    Thank you for the consideration!

Is there any particular color paint with which you would like to see it painted? If shipped to you, in what kind of vehicle would you prefer it to be transported? As far as the warranty, would a double-your-money-back-free-shipping-both-ways-bonus-three-week-vacation-for-two-in-my-villa-on-Lake-Como warranty be acceptable?
  • Wow, the sarcasm is really helpful... I can BUY squaretrade used warranties through ebay if purchased on eBay. For a used 20+ year old amplifier, not unreasonable. I WAS going to offer the same amount as you were asking (225 + shipping), so other than ebay fees, my interest in a warranty would have no bearing on you and your profit.
    Thanks anyway.
  • daboyz
    No profit here, my friend. I paid more for it than what I am asking. If I'm going to cut someone an even bigger deal (aforementioned fees) then it would be to another Polkie.

BTW - shipping shouldn't be much more than 25 to 30 bucks. I just shipped the Parasound for 40.
  • Interesting. I appreciate your second post explaining your position, I've never had any problems with eBay and being dicked over, I sell and buy there regularly and buying a two year warranty from squaretrade gives me a piece of mind and would have no effect on the seller (you can look at my feedback, "mungojerry11" there too). I'm guessing you're referring to eBay's happiness guarantee (if the buy it now post says no returns, not sure how that is an issue?)? The fees are only 8-10% as well, I have been having issues finding a b&k st1400 3 channel for some time (rather than 2 channel), so I would have been willing to even pay the extra 8-10% to cover the fees in order to have the opportunity to buy a warranty (250+40 shipping is not unreasonable for this amp I would think). It appears the 3 channel version wasnnot as ubiquitous as the 2 channel version.
    Regardless, not trying to dick anyone over and not trying to cause issues, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry it appeared that way to you guys. I also buy on Audiogon as well, but only speakers as I can't get a warranty there either. I wish you all the best and sorry that it appeared how it did.
  • daboyz
    Ok. With all being said, it would have been nice if you had stated that in your first post then things probably would have been a lot different. I'm not a fan of eBay due to problems by unscrupulous people and the eBay and PayPal fees that go along with it. I would consider it if what you say is true and my fees are covered.
  • Not sure what it means to be “dicked over” but it’s sounds awful.

Otherwise that’s a great price on a nice amp. GLWTS I hope you don’t get “dicked over.”
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I CANNOT believe this is still here. A 3 channel 100wpc B&K amp for less than 3 bills shipped?!? Are you kidding me? Someone needs to jump on this pronto!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Is a 3 channel 100wpc amp much better than a 7 channel receiver rated 105wpc?
    Please be nice, it's an honest question....
    RTiA5 + CSiA4 + Jamo SW410E
    Yamaha TSR-700 (equivalent to RX V6A)
    No surround...yet
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    French_guy wrote: »
    Is a 3 channel 100wpc amp much better than a 7 channel receiver rated 105wpc?

NO for all intents and purposes it's even call.
  • I meant is it going to bring noticeable improvement if hook-up to a receiver that is already rated 105W per channel ? (Denon ARV X3300W for instance)
    No surround...yet
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I think Ivan misunderstood the question. He is reading as amp vs. amp, but the question is amp vs receiver.

The answer is that it makes a big difference, especially when you are running speakers that need some juice. Its not just about watts, its about current and headroom, which the amp has significantly more of. The amp is going to sound better at lower volumes, is going to bring out more detail, and will handle dynamic swings better.

Ask @mrloren what he thought about going from his marantz alone to adding a separate amp...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • thanks....
    No surround...yet
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Yes rooftop i completely boofed it thanks.

Rooftop nailed it
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I think Ivan misunderstood the question. He is reading as amp vs. amp, but the question is amp vs receiver.

The answer is that it makes a big difference, especially when you are running speakers that need some juice. Its not just about watts, its about current and headroom, which the amp has significantly more of. The amp is going to sound better at lower volumes, is going to bring out more detail, and will handle dynamic swings better.

Ask @mrloren what he thought about going from his marantz alone to adding a separate amp...

OH yeah it's a nice difference moving up to an amp. I was only able to afford a Emo BasX amp and that is a sweet joy.

This amp looks rather nice @daboyz how big of a road trip is it to you?
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ten Buck Two
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daboyz
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ten Buck Two

Too far.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    To far from SoCal?
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music