Wyred 4 Sound Phono Pre PH1

I have one of these headed my way, I pre ordered it at RMAS, and now it is on its way.. Looking forward to putting this up against my Jolida JD9..
ftld8j8tw8ce.png
u6tb772zfq2y.png

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2017
    Nice that it has variable loading.

Is the RIAA EQ passive (filter network) or active?
    I guess I could look it up myself... but I am so freaking lazy. :|

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Here are the specs..
    nzf3gqmmj1nu.png
  • Toolfan66
    I just ordered this today!!! :p76ykph0nw2vg.png
  • Toolfan66
    Dynavector 20X2
    l69aivrppimj.png
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Balanced out.....neat ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Toolfan66
    DSkip wrote: »
    I tried years ago to get you off that W4S bandwagon... to absolutely no effect. :D

Congrats on the purchase dude. Let us know how it works out. Not being an analog guy, it is always welcome information on these phono pres.

I know you did Skip, I like W4S, it's not top of the food chain nor is it the bottom, it works for me right now, and I can afford it without breaking the bank, and hearing their new gear at RMAS was very inspiring, they are working very hard at what they do, and their pre-amp is one of the best I have owned, even their DAC's have gone to new levels..

I have been telling them to make a phono pre for years, so when I saw they were headed there I have to give it a shot..

They are headed in the right direction..psosqc18p5b9.jpg

• Toolfan66
    That room sounded great!!! B)
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I just ordered this today!!! :p76ykph0nw2vg.png

This is a kick **** cartridge!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    I think you're gonna like the Dynavector :)
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Toolfan66
    pumpkinman wrote: »

I hope it's a step up from the 10X5 (that's what I have now) price is so I hope performance is.. LOL!!!
  • mikeyb128
    You’re going to love it. I just sold mine and stepped up to a xx2.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited November 2017
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Just think if they had a x x x model, oh the marketing fun they could have with that o:)
  • Toolfan66
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Just think if they had a x x x model, oh the marketing fun they could have with that o:)

With the same option to go low or high, I picked low, set my tracking force just right in her groove, and listen to the sweet sounds of her music..

Getting your cantilever wet with the new Triple X...

Putting the Triple X on your Tone Arm will bring her pure pleasure..

Yep! I could see the ads now.. LOL!!

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Nothing like Kickin Up your Vinyl game! The Wired gear has always been of interest, N'joy!!!
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Very nice! Let us know how you like it.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Toolfan66
    New toys are here!! :p

fwqal390x7rh.jpeg
    c6j5ga22a9x1.jpeg
    jsys4mmj1h7m.jpeg
    eajbf7fbc5y3.jpeg
    zykwe31kksba.jpeg
    kgduy1epqotg.jpeg
    0pkxzqs92k0s.jpeg
    41yit8pjnzu0.jpeg
  • Toolfan66
    Hopefully the phono pre is worth keeping, I love my modded Jolida JD9 so let the shootout begin this Saturday!!!
  • Toolfan66
    Quick review on the W4S Phono Pre.....

The Jolida Slayed it in all areas, not surprised just expected it to do better than it did..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    At least it makes you feel good about what you got I guess...

A secondary rig perhaps??
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

The Jolida Slayed it in all areas, not surprised just expected it to do better than it did..

Was the W4S fully cooked?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    pumpkinman wrote: »

I hope it's a step up from the 10X5 (that's what I have now) price is so I hope performance is.. LOL!!!

It's a good cart for sure, I'm using the 20x2H. Not sure how different it sounds from the low output model, I'd wager they're more similar than different.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042

Tubes make the magic.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Toolfan66
    F1nut wrote: »

Was the W4S fully cooked?

I doubt it, but I have some hours on it, it just don’t have that sparkle that the Jolida does..

I have thirty days to play with it, so I will still put some more hours on it..

• mikeyb128
    Send it back and buy a rogue Ares. It will blow your mind.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Toolfan66
    So Wyred 4 Sound is hitting me with a 15% RESTOCKING FEE, That's like $200.00 :'(

As much money as I have spent with them I find it absurd.....
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I would push them on that, though it is stated on their web site:

https://wyred4sound.com/terms-and-conditions
  • Toolfan66
    Trust me I am, and I caught that after the fact, 15% is crazy..