R.I.P. Dik Mik of Hawkwind...

Options
starkiller
starkiller Posts: 2,723
edited November 2017 in The Clubhouse
Another one gone...loved his swooshes!
Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited November 2017
    Options
    He meant "Hawkwind"(trying to get that fixed) and Dik manned the Synth. What a cool group. I have several of their albums in my library......go figure right! R.I.P. Dik
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    That group was another one that just showed up and started playing where ever they got a hankering to do it...not many of those around anymore...I believe Lemmy also did a stint with them too...RIP....
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    RIP DIRK..

Never heard of them until now. Thanks.

Space Rock.
    Kind of like Styx but with more of an edge it seems.
    I'd buy there albums if I see them and I might just cruse Amazon or Ebay for an album or two after you tubing the albums I like. Maybe even checking out a top ten list of their best albums if there is one.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    RIP DIRK..

Never heard of them until now. Thanks.

Space Rock.
    Kind of like Styx but with more of an edge it seems.
    I'd buy there albums if I see them and I might just cruse Amazon or Ebay for an album or two after you tubing the albums I like. Maybe even checking out a top ten list of their best albums if there is one.

Get your ears on In Search Of Space...One of my favs from that group...
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    Search of Space is great as is Do Remi....btw, how did I spell Hawkwind?? It was pretty late when I posted it so was very tired :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    WOW !!!

Kind of like Rare Earth's " Get Ready " meets Iron Butterfy's " Innagodadavida ".

I listened while Poppy the Cat got stuck in a tree. :D Really .

I then watched the next video that popped up in line and it was in search of vinyl, Hawkwind's In search of space album package.

That might be the MOST in-depth compilation of stuff I've ever seen put into an album package. And that was 1971 !

That booklet looked like some darn good reading for me, being I love science and space related info and pictures, TV episodes and sci-fi movies.

The Cover was quite elaborate in it's design as well !

Very Cool ! B)

Thanks for bringing the group to my attention !
    I like !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    I believe Lemmy also did a stint with them too.

That is correct.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    starkiller wrote: »
    Search of Space is great as is Do Remi....btw, how did I spell Hawkwind?? It was pretty late when I posted it so was very tired :)

I know how that goes!! lol It read Hawwind. Ken took care of it. I have most of their albums on my NAS. Cool group for sure.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!