can I mount pollk rm 705 speakers upside down from the ceiling

Options
One of my friend gifted rm705 5.1 speakers , I am unable to find suitable speakers ceiling mounts , as these speakers have the screw at the bottom but not on the backside .
Can anyone please suggest if I can hang speaker upside down.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    This is how you should mount them per owners manual.
    Not upside down.

You could mount them anyway you like though. There yours and its your space they'll be in. Enjoy them anyway you can. ;)

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/311400/Polk-Audio-Rm705.html?page=6#manual
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    If the question is will the speakers function when inverted the answer is yes. They would sound better wall mounted though, inverted or not.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    There are speaker mounting brackets that are designed for ceiling mounting speakers. I would suggest Standsandmounts.com or Amazon. Sure you will find something budget friendly that will work on either of those sites.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    On the subject of mounting speakers, I like to post the way these SDA's are mounted. I would say after these were posted in Forum, anything can be done. How they sound is another question.

cu7jmmnuk2p9.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    ^^^^ Yup, people do the craziest things.

My neighbor found a set of B&W DM630's(?) down the street after some college kids moved out after a semester ended. He spotted the gold plated speaker terminals on the back of the towers and turned around and got them. One was missing a grill but they sounded beautiful. For FREE. Anyway, he placed them on a shelf like your picture above shows the SDA's.
    I told him they should be on the floor standing up, but he said SPACE was an issue. They are still laying on their sides 7' up like the photo above. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.