Just saw this on facebook. I saw a guy fly out of a jeep from a head on collission.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• Oh my goodness.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Dumb@ss...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Dumb@ss...

Yup...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I did not see a "Jeep" and I did not see a "head-on collision". :D
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I did not see a "Jeep" and I did not see a "head-on collision". :D

I wish I had had a dash cam when I witnessed that head-on 40 years ago. In the one I witnessed , the driver was ejected just like that video showed in a way. The jeep driver was propelled about 25 ft. into the air, about 5 ft. higher than the jeep.
    And just like the video, the jeep did barrel-rolls in the air and barrel-rolls after it hit the road behind the car it hit. The other car was like a Honda Civic, so it was like a ramp for the jeep. Now like in the video, the guy hit the road first and rolled a little bit and the jeep barrel-rolled on the road a few times but stopped 1 HALF FLIP from landing on top of the driver I saw hit first. I thought for sure he was dead but he survived with some broken bones.

There were girls in the Honda (?) and they were in court looking OK.

I had to be a witness in court over that accident. The jeep driver was speeding his butt off and when he dropped at a bridge surface to the road surface his jeep went into swerving in long swipes. He went into his side's ditch for a bit and when he came out, he crossed the lane into our lane. the car in front of me was about 1000 yards in front of me and had slowed because I could see the brake lights come on when the guy started swerving. I was on a back road that cut through a giant farm for miles. The view was clear from anything for miles and that's why I could see the wreck like watching a movie.

The guy said a car ran him off the road. The lawyer for the jeep driver asked me if I saw the car that made him lose control. I said no, and immediately the lawyer said no more questions. Then the girls lawyer stood and said NO QUESTIONS. I couldn't believe it, I was about to say THERE WAS NO CAR THAT RAN HIM OFF THE ROAD !

I just stepped down and shook my head at the girls lawyer. I will never forget the wreck and the court trial that was a bunch of bs.

By the way, time slowed down during the watching of that jeep hitting the car in front of me and flipping through the air and still was slowed down as the jeep rolled toward the guy.

Time does slow down when we are in some traumatic event, it seems.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Ah, okay. I didn't realize you were referencing a separate event in the title.

I saw something similar back in 1990. A drunk guy drove his car off an embankment and he was thrown from his car. I believe it rolled over him. When we got up to him, he was laying there with blood coming out of his nose and ear and he was making the same sounds as the guy in your video. There beer cans everywhere. He died the next day.

I bought a 1966 Mustang Fastback in 1984 and spent 6 years restoring it. I drove it for the first time the night before this happened. After seeing that accident, I didn't drink for 6 months. HAHAHAHA

hodgyubd20yv.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Wow, your experience was a lot worse than mine for sure.
    I wonder if time slowed down in your mind like it did in mine ?

No beer cans at the Jeeps head-on accident scene. This guy was just speeding his a** off and lost control at the road level drop change.

Yea, beer cans and bottles of various brews and distillations are found in a lot of wrecks I'm sure. I never wrecked while DWI besides backing up into a car that parked behind me while I was letting my car warm up to defrost the snow on my back window. I backed up before I could see out the back window though. I was a fool and lucky all the times I drank and drove. Nobody was ever hurt, although there were some instances I could have done the ultimate ending to somebody or myself.

Speaking of drinking and driving. My so-called brother-in-law was thrown from his car THRU the windshield and survived with a broken jaw. He didn't learn his lesson before 2 more serious wrecks. Now he doesn't drink and drive even though he drinks practically every day.

He always just wrecked his cars by himself. No others were hurt by his stupidity.