Hi Sal

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I think we've added an air of erudition to this thread ;)
  • So guys, that's how thermodynamics works.
    ......... Guys ?

GUYS !!!

vnxkdir5ucat.jpg

It was BTU's that killed the beasts !

Okay guys, you can get up now.

....... Guys ?
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think we've added an air of erudition to this thread ;)

Though I am not familiar with that terminology in Professor speak, if converted I'm guessing it means...B.S. :)

....and there's certainly an air of that in here. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    This place has a ways to go vis-a-vis "Threads about nothing"...
    The "black paint" thread would be a great example, but it's about something. The metaphoric resonance of the black paint is practically Melvillian in its portent and intensity.

(speaking of erudition...)

audiokarma, bless its heart, is still probably the champ for "threads about nothing" (and I mean that as a compliment).

The new(ish) kid on the block, www.hifihaven.org has potential, though.

• Thermodynamics for Dummies

Regenerative breaking where one is mining on top of a mountain and carrying the load down the mountain can generate a certain amount of power.
    The empty truck going back up the hill doesn't produce any regenerative power .
    Power is consumed getting the lightened truck back up the mountain.

Regenerative breaking where one is open pit mining and carrying the load UP
    0.6 miles to ground level doesn't occur.
    Larger amounts of power are consumed getting this fat loaded pig up to ground level than is regenerated with the lightened truck returning to the pit.

.... as can be imagined from the Bingham Open Pit Mine in Utah

g7xw33510r97.jpg

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to complete my "Where Puppies Come From for Dummies" by this weekend. It's almost unbelievable !

Sal Palooza
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Sign me up when sedition starts.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    That neutral conductor should be moved farther away from that left bank of breakers.
  • Viking64
    edited November 2017
    Viking64 wrote: »
    That neutral conductor should be moved farther away from that left bank of breakers.

Hot dogs? Okay. Let me rephrase that last post: "That natural condiment should be mouthed closer to that last bun full of wieners."
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    .....you need to identify the white wire as a current carrying conductor at the breaker. Cover the white jacket with black or red tape. Safety first.
  • Viking64
    Lasareath wrote: »

I did not wire up this panel. My dad bought this house in 1982, the only problem he ever had was the main breaker died.
    "I am not the one that left that baby in the middle of the street, therefore I am not responsible for saving it." HAHAHAHAHA
  • Viking64
    Everything about those last 2 videos has convinced me that I WILL ALWAYS BUY GAS as long as I live. :D
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350

Would that be a Swedish conductor? :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Viking64
    SCompRacer wrote: »

Would that be a Swedish conductor? :D

Yes, with the Stockholm Symphony. :p
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Everything about those last 2 videos has convinced me that I WILL ALWAYS BUY GAS as long as I live. :D

Come on, My Car Stereo sounds amazing because of no Engine noise or Engine Vibrations.

Soooo.... you run a 4 channel amp and a sub amp.... on a battery powered electric car.... that uses the same batteries to run your car as your amp........

So the louder you listen.... the less distance you can drive....

That makes sense....

Peace out.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited November 2017
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited November 2017
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    10 gauge is fine. It's a ground"ing" conductor. Used for bonding the metal bits in the charger and car while connected.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Thermodynamics for Dummies

Regenerative breaking where one is mining on top of a mountain and carrying the load down the mountain can generate a certain amount of power.
    The empty truck going back up the hill doesn't produce any regenerative power .
    Power is consumed getting the lightened truck back up the mountain.

Regenerative breaking where one is open pit mining and carrying the load UP
    0.6 miles to ground level doesn't occur.
    Larger amounts of power are consumed getting this fat loaded pig up to ground level than is regenerated with the lightened truck returning to the pit.
    All that regenerative breaking necessitates too much regenerative fixing, which would seem to be rather inefficient, no? ;)
  • tonyb
    Are they going to make electric tow trucks, for electric cars too ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    tonyb wrote: »
    Are they going to make electric tow trucks, for electric cars too ?

Yes. But they can only tow downhill. And only if all 4 tires are fully inflated. And all of the passengers get out and walk. And push. :p
  • tonyb
    Yeah, the horror. I just found it funny the other day I saw I big diesel powered flatbed with a Tesla on the back. It pretty much puts things in perspective.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Possibly Sal, but that difference is negligible in the big picture. Maybe if 2 billion people stop breathing, might make a small dent. Any volunteers ?

You guys are arguing over peanuts that won't make a spit of difference.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited November 2017
    Sal,
    First, I hate your car and all consumer level hybrids. They all look like crap. Teslas are the only EV I would consider owning. The rest are underpowered and look hideous.

Second, you are not going to convince anyone here. Don't use numbers, statistics, articles from experts, or anything else. None of it matters here. Someone sees a Tesla on a flatbed truck and now all EV's suck. As if no gas powered car ever needed to be towed. Just don't bother.

Third, there is a good reason why a greener future is necessary and a must. I am not going to summarize for the lazy (in respect to the late speaker), but here's a great talk about what is going to happen in the world this century. Things will need to change.
    (and it starts with making the average EV look and feel more like a real car :smile: )

https://youtu.be/FACK2knC08E
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Just what is your end game here Sal?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited November 2017
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

See how long he can ride the ragged edge before....

O3DHIA5.gif
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited November 2017

Thank you for your opinion.

First: An EV like my Car is NOT a Hybrid. The terminology Hybrid means two systems. Mine is one system pure electric.

Second: Again, thanks for your opinion. I didn't realize you speak for everyone. There are some here who said they’d buy an EV and there is a Thread here on this forum about Hybrid Cars that I did not start.

Third: Thank You.

Yes, I know the difference between an EV and a hybrid. I am lumping them all (except for Teslas) into one category: crap. Yes, that is my opinion and a bit tongue-in-cheek. Of course, hybrid hypercars like the Ferrari LaFerrari or Porsche 918 are just amazing.

I don't speak for everyone. I was merely trying to get you to save your breath. I know you are passionate on EV's. That's great! But, many here are not and don't care. You won't convince them.

Going to miss Prof. Roslings talks.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

He said it in the last thread..."IT'S HIS JOB".... :|
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    Yes Sal, it's peanuts, and won't change a thing in association with global climate matters. You can have everyone in the USA driving electric cars, and it won't change a thing.

Until you can come up with godly powers to control the Sun, orbit of the planet, or control Volcanic eruptions and other contributing cosmic and natural events, your spitting in the wind.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's