Need help choosing HDMI, RCA Cables.....brands.....etc..

Since my TV will be sending an HDR signal with HDR10+ and hybrid log gamma later this year I want to have a few options for solid HDMI cables and buy them in advance for when my avr gets here. Do I need a fiber optic HDMI? Shortest possible?

Also a few options for rcas would be nice. I know I was blown away at the price tag on HT rcas compared to car audio. I'd like to keep it reasonable but still have a quality setup.

The only name I know in HT is monoprice and monster but I was almost certain monster started using copper clad aluminum in their products instead of pure copper. I could be mistaken.

Any websites or brands or must haves you guys recommend would be appreciated.

Home theater:
-Samsung 65" Q7F Qled - XboxOneX
-Marantz 9.2 Channel SR6011
-Tech 1200's
-Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
-4500 wrms cresendo mono block amp
-Fi SP4 v2 18" sub (3000 wrms)
-hertz 1000watt 4 channel
-hertz mille component speakers
-hertz spl 10" 600 wrms sub
-370amp mechman alternator
-2xs power 3300 amp batteries
-2/0 gauge ofc everything

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    50% of the people here love Monoprice. The other 50% love Monster.

*Sits back and waits.*
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    I regret to inform you, you have opened (this forum's) Pandora's box. I'm surprised your thread isn't 2 pages already w/people throwing mud left & right.

Speakers, consider Bluejeans cable. Pricing compares to Monster, but I believe BJs is better. I recomend the 10 ga. If your equipment allows, his spades take it up a knotch. Have him put then on.

Douglas cable said to better, w/higher $ing, and will discount to Polkies.

All new HDMI cable should be "latest" compatible.

I'm sure to take an egg or two from the cable disciples.

Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Audioquest...... done
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Viking64 wrote: »
    50% of the people here love Monoprice. The other 50% love Monster.

Hey, that's a Mo-Mo around here!

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    HDMI cable I would go with Audio Quest Cinimmon

Can't help on speaker cables other than maybe trying some from The Cable Cos. Lending Library.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    MIT Cables or go home.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Perfect. Got some more material to research. Thanks gents
    Home theater:
    -Tech 1200's
    -Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
  • "I was having a conversation with an MIT dealer, he told me the MIT rep left $100k AU cables for him to evaluate. The dealers words were, ( OK they sounded a bit better but for the money you gotta be kidding).I can't identify the dealer for obvious reasons but he sells some expensive gear."

"I'm weighing in late here because I just picked up a set of MIT Shotgun S3's from Joe. I have to say that the whole "poles of articulation" sounds like complete BS to me, but then, I'm no engineer, just a lawyer, :). What I can't argue with, and what matters most, is that to ME, for whatever reason and because of whatever mumbo-jumbo, the MIT Shotguns have hit a sweet spot in my system, replacing my Cardas Golden Cross cables. So with my Focal Diablo Utopias and Plinius SA103 amp and a Naim NDX (all my music is on my server), there is some sort of synergy that just "sounds right" with the Shotguns. Don't know why . . . Just that it does! :)"

"AudioQuest USB and AES/EBU cables offered a clear improvement that was easily heard. While the Carbon and Coffee were my favorite designs, even the entry-level USB cables from AQ provided a clear balanced presentation without any harshness."

"…with the AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cables, the sound was silky smooth with no harshness or digital artifacts, just very involving music.”

Obviously I can't make.a.decision off of some reviews on line..but they do help. That price tag on MIT is pretty much the dealbreaker for me. ........ might have to go with audio quest on this one.
    Home theater:
    -Tech 1200's
    -Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    God won't judge you nor will I...
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    http://www.douglasconnection.com/ You can pm Doug at helipilotdoug here on the forum.

or

pm dskip here on the forum. He is a Wireworld dealer.

Either/both of these gentlemen will shoot you straight and try their best to meet your needs within your budget.

Audioquest is great stuff, but I'd hear what these two guys have to say before going in that direction.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • @PSOVLSK awsome.thanks I will do. I was trying to buy this wire
    Furez FZ102AS for my towers that Loren suggested from Doug's shop but it doesn't have an option to ship.to Canada.
    Home theater:
    -Tech 1200's
    -Polk S60 Towers

Car Audio:
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    MackMurder wrote: »
    @PSOVLSK awsome.thanks I will do. I was trying to buy this wire
    Furez FZ102AS for my towers that Loren suggested from Doug's shop but it doesn't have an option to ship.to Canada.

Call him and let him know you are a polk audio member. I'm sure he will ship to the frosty north.
  • Answered your PM Mack. :)
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com