Speaker Stand Suggestions for LSiM 703

I have a problem, I keep buying gear and could not help but pick up some 703s, I now need stands 24"-26" in height. I would like to keep it around $100. Here are the ones I am considering. Please provide feedback and suggestions.

TransDeco Speaker Stands, 24-Inch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQCIRTG/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1_w

Sanus Natural Series 24" Speaker Stand for Medium Bookshelf Speakers (Cherry) - NF24C
https://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Natural-Speaker-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B002HDYD88/ref=sr_1_24?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510297348&sr=1-24&keywords=sanus+speaker+stands

Dayton Audio SSMB24 24" Speaker Stand Pair Square Steel Base
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ssmb24-24-speaker-stand-pair-square-steel-base--240-750

Thanks,
RB

Living Room
Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables

Best Answer

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Out of the 3 the Dayton would be the best as you can and should mass load them. That Sanus is a joke.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Out of the 3 the Dayton would be the best as you can and should mass load them. That Sanus is a joke.

Thank you sir. Glad you could help me rule out the Sanus it's hard to tell online how they are made and no experience with stands.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    If you decide on the Daytons you might want to wait a bit. Parts Express usually has a sale or sends out coupons around the holidays.

That is if you can wait...
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • any thoughts on VTI?
    VTI DF SERIES 2 SPEAKER STANDS BLACK, 29
    Living Room

Office

• Any other budget stand recommendations?
    Living Room

Office

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    You can also mass load the TransDeco. I use them with my 703s.
  • Living Room

Office

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    The monoprice and Pangea stands look identical. The Pangea stand leaks sand at the bottom of the columns, so I would imagine the mono does as well.

Stands are extremely important to obtain the best performance from the speakers. It's a shame so many cheap out on them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Yeah, the more I read the more it is obvious to me that stands are critical. I am just trying to find the best bang for the buck. The Dayton's look to be a good option but Monoprice is in CA and I can get them here early next week. Scott had a write up on assembling the Panega's and I think had a fix for sand leaking which I could apply to Monoprice Stands. Also, adding steel shot may be an option.
    Living Room

Office

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    The Dayton's look to be a good option but Monoprice is in CA and I can get them here early next week.

Yeah, and considering you're probably only going to be using them next week, I'd say get whatever you can get there on the quick! :/

• teekay0007 wrote: »
    The Dayton's look to be a good option but Monoprice is in CA and I can get them here early next week.

Yeah, and considering you're probably only going to be using them next week, I'd say get whatever you can get there on the quick! :/

Haha ..good point. I am just a bit ancey as the 703s are being delivered next week.
    Living Room

Office

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    if the guys at Home Depot are cool they will do most of the cutting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkoiDlDFRaM

I've wanted to try making these but I fear my wife might like them too much.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    These are the best you will find new at this price:

https://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Speaker-Stands-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B004STEH08
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • I ordered the Sanus above and returned them immediately. Parts missing. Didn't look that sturdy. I bought these from Transdeco and am happy with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQCIRTG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    larlane wrote: »
    I ordered the Sanus above and returned them immediately. Parts missing. Didn't look that sturdy. I bought these from Transdeco and am happy with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQCIRTG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Must have been used? I found them very sturdy and I only had them loaded with sand. With sand and shot I think they would be hard to beat for the price...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • The Sanus are certainly well reviewed on Amazon, but the Transdeco are cheaper and I never felt the need to load them. Having actually had both in home, I like the Transdeco better.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I use a Sanus SF stand for my center channel, a Polk LsiM 706, not a small speaker. I wanted more height so I swapped in 26" tubes in place of the 22" that the center stand comes with & filled them with kitty liter. No leaks & it's rock solid. I'd have no qualms putting 703's on 26" Sanus steel foundation stands.

I dislike the gloss finish of the Transdeco stands. Not a fan of glass shelves, or in this case the glass base either. Personal preference is all.
  • Great recommendations. I think I am wavering between the Monoprice and Daytons?
    Living Room

Office

• Upstatemax wrote: »
    I have the Transdeco stands holding up a set of my Focal 806V's.

Not bad at all, especially for the price.

However, pretty sure Endershadow still has his set of Sanus Ultimate stands for sale...

That's a whole different level stand and for the price, I would be all over them.

I saw those but I am looking for 24-26 in height and think shipping on those would be a killer.
    Living Room

Office

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    These are the best you will find new at this price:

This is what I used with my 703. They are in a closet now because I no longer have bookies, but it's cost prohibitive to try and ship them.

Ray, it's too bad we're not local to one another. I'd give you a great deal.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Ordered the Sanus Steel Series 22". Thank for all the reccomendations.

Living Room

Office

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Nice, Ray.

You gonna fill them with sand or steel shot or anything?
    One of the things I liked about these is that plastic piece for between the posts and the base. The holes are small and it can take a while with play sand, but definitely worth the effort, and no leaks.

I did the sand, and a few strips of Dynamat on the bases. I also like that you can use Velcro ties on the rear post to offer cable support and routing, and it's relatively well hidden. They've increased in price, but I use these for pretty much everything. You can double them up to make longer ties if you need. If you get some, here's a tip - wrap them with the fuzzy side out. They don't snag on stuff this way, and don't attract fuzz and hair and dead bodies.
    https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Black-2-Inch-91140/dp/B001E1Y5O6
    z1to0cfx7pq7.png

Curious to hear your impressions of the 703s.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg wrote: »
    Nice, Ray.

You gonna fill them with sand or steel shot or anything?
    One of the things I liked about these is that plastic piece for between the posts and the base. The holes are small and it can take a while with play sand, but definitely worth the effort, and no leaks.

I did the sand, and a few strips of Dynamat on the bases. I also like that you can use Velcro ties on the rear post to offer cable support and routing, and it's relatively well hidden. They've increased in price, but I use these for pretty much everything. You can double them up to make longer ties if you need. If you get some, here's a tip - wrap them with the fuzzy side out. They don't snag on stuff this way, and don't attract fuzz and hair and dead bodies.
    https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Black-2-Inch-91140/dp/B001E1Y5O6
    z1to0cfx7pq7.png

Curious to hear your impressions of the 703s.

The plan is to fill them, haven't determined with what yet. Waiting to determine the level of effort. Will let you know what I think about the 703s.
    Living Room

Office

• I ended up drilling one of the smaller holes out in the post to allow a larger funnel when I filled them with dried sand
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    edited November 2017
    teamjhertz wrote: »
    I ended up drilling one of the smaller holes out in the post to allow a larger funnel when I filled them with dried sand

Thanks that's a good idea. How much weight did you add to each stand?
    Living Room

Office

• The sand added 7 lbs per stand
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited November 2017
    Are the top mounts/plates for these large enough for LSiM 703s? The specs state that the 703 is 14.5" long/deep.