Bens Silver IC’s

x6ti36db3kn1.jpeg

$90 shipped

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    How long are the RCAs? And is this price for the lot? I don’t need no stinking balanced cables lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Might be interested in some stinking balanced cables. ??

My amp does balanced and unbalanced. Sadly, I'm zero percent aware of the advantages and disadvantages of going balanced. :o

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    My amp does balanced and unbalanced. Sadly, I'm zero percent aware of the advantages and disadvantages of going balanced. :o

Please tell us you're kidding....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Bens cables are worth 3x/4x what Larry's posting. One thing I don't flip is cables. Cables are the ultimate tuner if you are one who switches gear.

One rig or component to the next, you'll never know if you have found your huckleberry
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    FestYboy wrote: »

Please tell us you're kidding....

No...go ahead smarty pants. What's so great about balanced interconnects?
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Balanced cables inherently cancel any induced noise from outside sources like EMI by carrying 2 identical signals, but having one inverted at the source, which is inverted back at the receiving equipment. Any noise that is picked up along the way is also inverted at the receiver on that one signal line and is cancelled out.

Unbalanced lines can't do that.

http://www.aviom.com/blog/balanced-vs-unbalanced/ this has visuals and more in depth explanation.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I once watched Ben twist a set of balanced silvers...by hand..
    As eccentric as he was.....he gave a lot of thought into every aspect of every detail. Be it cable design or frankenpolk speakers...... you will own a part of a persons respect of music.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    These are no longer for sale..