Tesla Model III

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited November 2017
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I wonder if now would be a good time to invest in popcorn.

Don't bother, Walking Dead and the New Star Trek tonight. Then most likely I won't check this post again for a few days.

Might I suggest taking another long sabbatical instead. I forgot how nice it was while you were gone. Thanks for reminding me.

As an aside... you were a much nicer guy when you weighed 400 pounds.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Hydrogen mass-transit has already been tried... no thanks.

tf79cc9qdkty.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484

That is a very funny statement, I'm sorry but us EV guys laugh everytime somebody brings up the Coal Debate.

Coal is on a decline, The national average in 2014 was 39% and Now it's 30%

In NJ it's 5%, Some say it's even lower than that.

My Electricity is under Viridian, It's their Green plan and I calculated it all out and my Car emits 58 grams of CO2e per mile and an Average Gas car emits 381 grams

http://www.ucsusa.org/clean-vehicles/electric-vehicles/ev-emissions-tool#

What is so funny about it? It doesn't matter if coal is on the decline or not. This does not change the fact that well over 90% of EV's are powered by coal to get charged currently. Do you not agree with this fact?

How can you compare the two calculations? One is an indirect emmision calculation and one is direct. At least the direct calculation from the gasoline engine is accurate. The calculation for your "green plan" does not take into account all aspects of carbon emissions (and is theoretical, not actual, unlike the gasoline engine).

Hydrogen cars add another step, You need to get the Hydrogen, The Hydrogen car is an EV. But it gets it's Electric Charge from the fuel stack. It's very inefficient.

My Driveway has had Electricity since my house was built in 1961. I don't have a Hydrogen Hookup. I bet you don't either but I bet you have Electricity.

There are 50 refueling stations right now for Hydrogen in the USA.

Hydrogen can work for cruise ships, Trains, Semi Trucks. But for cars, it's too expensive to get to the Hydrogen to the masses.

Toyota has been a large supporter of Hydrogen and They hate the EV. But recently Toyota has agreed with Elon Musk that Hydrogen is a waste of time:

https://electrek.co/2017/10/26/toyota-elon-musk-fuel-cell-hydrogen/

Well, the hydrogen car uses a different step than the current EV's, by using hydrogen to charge the battery. It does not "add a step". It bypasses coal to charge the battery. That is a fact. Where are all the EV owners railing to get hydrogen cars?

You don't have a hydrogen hookup because, there are no hydrogen cars. If hydrogen cars came out instead of the current coal sucking EV's, the emissions would be greatly reduced (by getting rid of the need for the use of coal). Why are you EV owners not demanding this?

It's to expensive to get hydrogen to the masses because there is no demand for hydrogen (again) because there are no hydrogen cars. You are using circular logic here.

It seems to me there is another agenda here to "dismiss" hydrogen. And, it ain't because "it's a waste of time".
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott wrote: »
    What is so funny about it?

What's Funny is that COAL is the Dirtiest Form of Electric Generation but it's nothing compared to the Generation of Gasoline from Oil.

That's the Funny Part. A 100% COAL Generated EV emits Less Pollution than a Gas Burning Car.

This Article states that 28% to 40% of EV owners have Solar:
    https://cleantechnica.com/2017/06/25/28-40-ev-drivers-solar-panels-cleantechnica-ev-report/

So right there, that means that 60% to 72% EV owners use Electricity that has 5% to 30% Coal in it.

That small amount of COAL is nothing compared to the Refining Process of Oil to Gasoline. The Refining Process of Gas uses More Electricity than I use to propel my EV the same distance that the Gasoline would Propel a Gas Car.

So we might as well cut out the Middle Man. Cut out the Production of Gasoline and gas Cars.

Just use the Electricity directly in the EV.

Hydrogen for cars is Pipe Dream. It will never happen. It 10 years it'll be totally gone.

Sal, you are changing the argument with every post you make. You do not fully answer the questions/issues that are brought up. Why? ((Rhetorical question): I know the answer, but do you realize it?))
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Electricity that has 5% to 30% Coal in it.

vibou1xz3os6.jpg

• Viking64
    I just tried to get a closer look at the coal in my electricity by sticking my face in my panel box. After a few sparks, I went to look in the mirror and sure enough, some of that coal had blackened my face.
  • Viking64
    Hydrogen mass-transit has already been tried... no thanks.

tf79cc9qdkty.jpeg

:p

3rkqb1ajbm1z.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    kvdg939b8msf.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron
    anylzr68njry.jpg
  • mrbiron
    1zqcmz94gy8f.jpg
  • mrbiron
    Pats are winning btw....
  • mrbiron
    Hahahah...everyone of you posts is a repeat you hypocrite.

Lol
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Las we can go ****-4-tat for days

You're not going to convincing....burning rubber and not going anywhere :D:D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    So it's preaching...not just posting about a Tesla thread....calling you out

You got banned before and I'm calling you out....TROLLING
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    Go to the auto forums and preach

• I am involved with a company that is building Electric Car Charging Stations. But I cannot divulge any info on that now.

But I do have a couple of companies set up to teach EV Novices about Electric Cars and Charging Etiquette. Like this site: http://EV-Rules.com

Well, that says it all right there. B)

Sal Palooza
  • Viking64
    edited November 2017
    lol
    Post edited by Viking64 on
  • txcoastal1
    We'll talk EVs, just like before....

Can an EV get you from Mobile, Alabama to Texas in 5hrs for $48 in a 3/4 ton diesel pickup GMC Denali. My truck doesn't roll coal :/

czwbesi0znkx.jpg

Sure there are thousands and %'s that don't travel that daily....but there are thousands and %'s that do.....

East Coast hmmmm yeah...a little. What about those who commute across from Connecticut to NY daily...luck of the draw in traffic

You can talk gasoline subs, but I can talk gasoline taxes

We're already talking about electronics waste and what to do with it...as small as cell phones.

Humans are always going to be a contributing waste to this planet. You can chop it up how ever you want.

So a hand full of countries chip in for the climate agenda, but those aren't the countries that are the worst offenders. Just like crime, you can preach about it, but unless go to the sources you can't fix it.

The 1st world countries ie US and Germany have figured out how to recycle nearly every consumer good. That's why we have so many throw a ways that aren't natural.

Byproducts are the evil of consumption

Batteries are a byproduct and a multiple byproduct at that.

With EV's they try to make them lighter with more byproducts, just like every car.

Like I said....round and round

• headrott
    edited November 2017
    headrott wrote: »
    Sal, you are changing the argument with every post you make. You do not fully answer the questions/issues that are brought up. Why? ((Rhetorical question): I know the answer, but do you realize it?))
    You still did not answer my rhetorical question, which is: Why do you not realise that you are changing the argument with each post?

You need me to answer every single question that you asked? I'll try but I think I'll be wasting time. Why Do I think I am wasting my time because I think no matter what I write you'll just believe what you want to believe

That can be argued on both sides, correct? If you believe you are correct, why not make your argument (with accurate facts) to convince us?

What is so funny about it? It doesn't matter if coal is on the decline or not. This does not change the fact that well over 90% of EV's are powered by coal to get charged currently. Do you not agree with this fact?

What's Funny is the production of Gasoline From Oil is much worse than burning 5% to 30% Coal in order to make Electric.

Let's assume that 5 to 30% coal is, in fact used to power electricity to people's houses. Who has done the study to put out these numbers? How accurate are they? Why are you taking them at face value? Also, the energy consumption usage chart you posted after this post is comparing jet fuel to coal for producing electricity? I know of no place (apparently other than New Jersey) that uses Jet Fuel to produce electricity. Doesn't that raise suspicion about your source?
    1lbyp29lmghs.jpg

How can you compare the two calculations? One is an indirect emmision calculation and one is direct. At least the direct calculation from the gasoline engine is accurate. The calculation for your "green plan" does not take into account all aspects of carbon emissions (and is theoretical, not actual, unlike the gasoline engine).

I can compare it because the EV itself does not create Pollution. If you give the EV 100% Solar or Wind Generated Electric it would not emit anything.

But again, that is NOT the case. Well over 90% of EV car owners use coal to power their cars (apparently other than in New Jersey which are using other fuels, such as Jet Fuel to power their EV's?)

The Drilling for OIL and turning that into Gasoline and you use in your car and then create Exhaust makes pollution in every single step of the way.

Just as the mining for materials to make EV car batteries, and then coal (and Jet Fuel?) to recharge their batteries creates pollution; Perhaps we are arguing different evils?

It's 6.5X times more emissions for a Gas Car compared to my Car.

6.5X according to whom? The New Jersey Energy Consumption, who also claim to compare Jet Fuel to Coal to create electricity?
    gbz728ulj65s.jpg

Well, the hydrogen car uses a different step than the current EV's, by using hydrogen to charge the battery. It does not "add a step". It bypasses coal to charge the battery. That is a fact. Where are all the EV owners railing to get hydrogen cars?

The problem is obtaining the Hydrogen, Where will you get it?, Are you going to drive to CA to fill up?

Even if they make the Hydrogen Stations, $2,000,000 each, How many will they need?, There are 150,000 Gas Station right now. Is that enough?, Will they sell the only Hydrogen?, Can they get by on just Hydrogen Sales?

Who will pay for that?, Gov Subsidies?

Again, you are changing the argument here. Do you want a cleaner fuel source and less emissions? Or do want convenience and financial ease? You have to decide.

You don't have a hydrogen hookup because, there are no hydrogen cars. If hydrogen cars came out instead of the current coal sucking EV's, the emissions would be greatly reduced (by getting rid of the need for the use of coal). Why are you EV owners not demanding this?

EV Owners fill up in their driveway. We LOVE this. We don't want to go to a Hydrogen Station. EV Owners are smart people, we Know HyDrogen is not as Efficient as a 100% Electric Car.

That's why we don't want it. Where will the money come from to build the Stations?

You still realize that EV owners as a 90%+ majority (other than New Jersey, which apparently use Jet Fuel) use Coal to recharge their batteries. To think otherwise is delusional.

It's to expensive to get hydrogen to the masses because there is no demand for hydrogen (again) because there are no hydrogen cars. You are using circular logic here.

EV Owners fill up in their driveway. We LOVE this. We don't want to go to a Hydrogen Station. EV Owners are smart people, we Know HyDrogen is not as Efficient as a 100% Electric Car.

That's why we don't want it. Where will the money come from to build the Stations?

It seems to me there is another agenda here to "dismiss" hydrogen. And, it ain't because "it's a waste of time".

EV Owners fill up in their driveway. We LOVE this. We don't want to go to a Hydrogen Station. EV Owners are smart people, we Know Hydrogen is not as Efficient as a 100% Electric Car.

You are using circular logic here. Do I need to say more?

You are taking convenience to environmental cleanliness, aren't you? If you want pure, cleanliness, perhaps you should demand the best, which is not coal (or Jet Fuel?) powered batteries found in EV's (for a vast majority of the power to feed batteries in EV's)).

Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    lightman1 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    charley95 wrote: »
    I know a guy that has a 76 Cadillac with a 455 4 barrel in it if that means anything. Last I checked with him he was getting about 3 gallons to the mile.

Cadillac never built a 455... they had a 500, but never a 455.

Was it mint green with posi

My cousin Vinny says so...

It was two utes
  • charley95 wrote: »
    I know a guy that has a 76 Cadillac with a 455 4 barrel in it if that means anything. Last I checked with him he was getting about 3 gallons to the mile.

Cadillac never built a 455... they had a 500, but never a 455.

Close enough. Technically I think it was a 472 c.i. they called a 500. I used to know all that stuff but, don't remember much anymore.
  • Does anyone know if Chris Cuomo has chimed in on this thread yet?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    May the EV Gawd bless you...go preach somewhere else

Thank You for your Blessing. As I said in the past I did not start this Thread. I'm just updating it because most people here are clueless when it comes to EVs.

It's my Job to teach the public about EVs.

I'm #UBUYGAS
    www.UBUYGAS.com

Ok, it's your doodie to inform us, I get it now

• mrbiron

Fixed that for you.
    Clearly you don't know your audience and i hope you aren't paid on commission.
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Hahahah...everyone of you posts is a repeat you hypocrite.

They have to be repeated sometimes when we get people like you who only read the last few posts.

You really should start off where you left off last time so you don't post things other people have already.

Hypocrite....again.
    There is no need to go back. Since you've returned, we have 4-5 pages of agenda pushing on your behalf, again. We will just sit back and wait, again, for you to have a conniption followed by having polk deleting your account...again.

Four "agains" used for emphasis.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    I have no idea if I ever replied back to this thread, but I wound up cancelling my Tesla preorder and got a refund on the deposit.

My Honda Accord is coming up for 10 years old in Feb '18 and right now has about 170k miles on the ticker. I'd like to say my reasons were for a noble cause like not wanting to pollute the environment with having a new car made for me. Oh no, it's strictly for personal and financial reasons. I can afford a new car, but every month I don't have a car payment is another month more funds are invested for retirement.

I work with people and in general, see people everyday tripping and falling over each other in an effort to outdo everyone for bragging rights on how much car they can buy. I remember this sort of thing happening with housing back in the 2000's. I find it...dumb. If you can afford it, fine, but why do some people feel they have to be in a new car every 2 years (Yes, I know people like this).

The more I thought about this new Tesla, the more it didn't make sense for me. Why get rid of a paid off Accord that runs great and is still in great shape? Sorry, I'll just have to keep polluting the envrionment for a while longer, but hopefully my Solar Panels are offsetting it.
    No excuses!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Sal, serious question......do you ever get tired of hearing yourself speak? The fact is your agenda, your arguing and your methods of “educating” has grown tired and stale. It took you all of three days for people to ramp up the level of disdain for your posts.....AGAIN. Take a hint, shut your mouth and stick to audio on the Polk forum. Then go educate others on all your various EV forums. We don’t want it or need it here anymore. Thanks for your understanding.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited November 2017
    Superiority complex much?

Who anointed you to save mankind?

You've become another juju
  • Viking64
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Holy freakin' poupe-carp! :o:D
  • Viking64
    It's my job to laugh on internet forums.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Please tell me those are photoshopped on to a photo of your car because I may have to join in with Viking64.
    No excuses!
This discussion has been closed.