Squeezebox Duet Remote w Charging Cradle

kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
edited November 2017 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I think mine is fried and Im stuck on the same Ambient channel. Ill buy the whole Squeezebox set if needed due I cant invest in a Bluesound or Aurilic streamer now....thx

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    U can control it with a phone or computer app.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kevhed72
    Reaallly....just Google the app? The remote is driving me insane and I may just smash it in my driveway
  • rooftop59
    edited November 2017
    You can use the server software on your computer, or go to the App Store or google play store for android and download the app for your phone or tablet.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Although it looks like you might have to pony up 9 bucks for iPeng as Logitech’s own remote is no longer supported.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • kevhed72
    I found one for ios but the app was not supported by ios11 due the app is old because....Squeezeboxes are old. Appears there are several for Android so I am charging up my old Samsung phone.....but that no longer has a sim card. Perhaps I can save the app to a SD vard and dowload that way....
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited November 2017
    Yes, the smartphone/tablet/computer control route is my preference, as well.

For Android, I like Orange Squeeze the best. I think as Paul mentions, iPeng seems to be well liked on the iOS side.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    9 bucks to run it on my iPhone....even Im not that cheap!!! Ill try it....
  • msg
    You shouldn't need a SIM to get your old Samsung going. You can connect to your wifi and hit the Play store that way.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    The Squeezebox community is still very much alive. There's continued development for Logitech Media Server and new builds for the Squeezebox. I just recently updated my stuff. There's even a new Spotify plugin since they discontinued the official one, which doesn't matter because Spotty blows it away anyway. Tidal's supported as well.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    edited November 2017
    msg wrote: »
    You shouldn't need a SIM to get your old Samsung going. You can connect to your wifi and hit the Play store that way.

Maybe I can save 9 bucks :D:D:D
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I use Squeeze Commander on Android, but I can't remember how much I paid. It works well. The free Logitech app, which someone said is no longer supported, stopped working for me.

FYI, you may have to resort to reading through this thread if you need to setup a Duet receiver without a functional Duet remote. I don't think the phone apps work for Duet receiver setup.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?57861-Net-UDAP-SqueezeBox-Receiver-configuration-tool
  • kevhed72
    59nxp4hvjyzo.jpeg
    That was too easy....plus a new life for an old phone! You guys rock! I went with the Logitech version for Android even though it looks a bit boring. Thanks!!
  • mdaudioguy
    Glad it worked out for you! I just downloaded it again and it just freezes up on this screen...
    yvs8ykoh1on0.jpg
  • kevhed72
    This is so much better than the Duet remote.
  • mdaudioguy
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    This is so much better than the Duet remote.
    The Duet remote was outdated almost as soon as it was released. Yes, the smartphone apps are the way to go. They also work well on tablets.
  • old cell phones or tablets work great for basic listening, but most apps have issues creating playlist on the fly.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2017
    That's the same thing the app does on my phone MDAUDIOGUY. I don't think it's compatible with the newest versions of Android. So an older phone or tablet, is certainly your best bet.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • rooftop59
    It will no longer load on iOS 11 either.

I am using Roon and love it, but don’t love spending 10bucks a month lol...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • kevhed72
    Well my lovely wife decided to power off the rig instead of turning the giant knob to the left because I left the music going all night. Thus, I lost wifi connection on the main box and the interface on the app for Android is different....anyone have any idea how to get it going??? I cant endure these first world problems any longer and may have to jump up to a Bluesound or Aurilic mini soon!
  • rooftop59
    Well my lovely wife decided to power off the rig instead of turning the giant knob to the left because I left the music going all night. Thus, I lost wifi connection on the main box and the interface on the app for Android is different....anyone have any idea how to get it going??? I cant endure these first world problems any longer and may have to jump up to a Bluesound or Aurilic mini soon!

In my experience (I used to own duets) you must have the remote to reconnect the WiFi. There might be other ways, but I never found them...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • msg
    Did you accidentally connect it to mysqueezebox.com?
    Going one way or the other will change the interface sometimes, I think.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    rooftop59 wrote: »

In my experience (I used to own duets) you must have the remote to reconnect the WiFi. There might be other ways, but I never found them...

Sometimes, unplugging the power to the receiver for a minute will reset it and it will reconnect itself upon starting up again. If this doesn't work, and you don't have a duet controller, your only option is a PC/laptop and the Net::UDAP program. See the link in my first post in this thread.
  • kevhed72
    It looks like you do need the original remote to reset it. I have a bid on on a new Bluesound Node2....we shall see what happens with that. Im getting to the point where the only media I probably will but are old albums at Goodwill.
  • mdaudioguy
    It looks like you do need the original remote to reset it. I have a bid on on a new Bluesound Node2....we shall see what happens with that. Im getting to the point where the only media I probably will but are old albums at Goodwill.
    Did you read my post above? There is a way. If you're not not willing to try that and decide not to keep it, PM me a price. I may be interested in a spare.
  • kevhed72
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Did you read my post above? There is a way. If you're not not willing to try that and decide not to keep it, PM me a price. I may be interested in a spare.
    I saw it but I am now looking for a reason to upgrade. Anyone have a Marantz NA 6005 for streaming....does it support all possible files types, including Tidal. Ill keep you in mind. The battery in the Duet remote was replaced in the past 6 months.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    If you don't upgrade, I have a Diet Remote and Cradle. It needs a new battery
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Thank god for Plex :smile: . I still use my Squeezebox Radio's in the kids rooms, so its good to know you can still control them with something remotely (we are all iPhone and Android using OS's that dont support the apps anymore, but I do have a laptop :wink: )
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)