Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Malbec wrote: »

Nice...New Glarus Staghorn made the list at number 9. That brewery is less than an hour from here. They have a lot of good beers, the most popular being Spotted Cow. For some reason they don't want to expand distribution even though I'm pretty sure they just did a major brewery addition.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Most likely it'll only be available by the 4 pack in retail take out shops.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I will look for it. Their breakfast stout is still one of my favorites.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Malbec
    Re-read the article. It'll be available on draft and 750ml bottles. December 1st.
  • mrbiron
    $25 a pop is steep, but I've made dumber purchases ;)
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    At that price I'll be bummed if it tastes lousy($$ wasted) or good(can't afford anymore).
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Malbec
    If you've tried the Kentucky Bourbon Stout, this shouldn't disappoint.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I have been liking the local fresh hop Pilsners. Pales and IPA's lately. You cannot beat fresh hop brewed beers, IMO.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • mrbiron
    I have a confession to make and it pains me to admit this.

I have been on a 6 month journey to empty all beer out of my fridge to make way for "New Stock"...as of 5:30pm, yesterday afternoon, i.........i.........i ran out of beer :(

Kegerator is empty, and the only alcoholic beverage in my bar ridge is.....Zima, 2 of them :D

Pray for me...
  • muncybob
    Somehow you survived from late yesterday afternoon until now so there is hope for you yet! But, situation is dire and must be corrected pronto!!!
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    Just bottled up my 1st batch of home brew. Got 42 12 oz bottles and 6 pint bottles of a brown ale that I think is mid 5 abv. Now to wait another few weeks(if I can).
  • mrbiron
    What a terrible night to wait in line at Treehouse Brewery.
    acjac2j6znnv.jpg
  • mrbiron
    And this is all you get for $85..... :/
    bjimuh0ps3vz.jpg
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I could have sold you a a lot more green tea for the $$$
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • headrott
    edited November 2017
    mrbiron wrote: »
    acjac2j6znnv.jpg

Was that a photograph of people waiting for the beer or the loo?

Edit: I forgot to include that I am drinking the first beer I've had in 3 nights, and it's my first 2017 Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop IPA. It's very good.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • mrbiron
    Treehouse is only available for purchase at the brewery.
    On beeradvocate.com, a number of their beers are ranked in the top #100 in the country. I waited for 1.5 hours. It was 12 degrees with wind chill.

Yet another of life's stupid decisions...
  • headrott
    Treehouse is only available for purchase at the brewery.
    On beeradvocate.com, a number of their beers are ranked in the top #100 in the country. I waited for 1.5 hours. It was 12 degrees with wind chill.

Yet another of life's stupid decisions...

A decision involving (good) beer, is never stupid, IMO.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• mrbiron
    #40 Green
    #61 Alter Ego <-- my personal fav
    #73 In Perpetuity
  • headrott
    ^^^^What styles are they?^^^^
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited November 2017
    headrott wrote: »
    ^^^^What styles are they?^^^^

All: American IPA's

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28743/

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    8srv2nyiafxc.jpg
  • headrott
    8srv2nyiafxc.jpg

Are any of those "hazy" IPA's?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• mrbiron
    They make two.
    Very Hazy ranked #11
    Haze ranked #43

They are both delicious.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    hochpt21 wrote: »

Nice...New Glarus Staghorn made the list at number 9. That brewery is less than an hour from here. They have a lot of good beers, the most popular being Spotted Cow. For some reason they don't want to expand distribution even though I'm pretty sure they just did a major brewery addition.

They tried a number of years ago. QC took a hit, we used to get it in Illinois but no more. I had the cherry this last may 2017 i should of bought a case LOVED IT!!!
  • Malbec
    acjac2j6znnv.jpg

Thanks Frederique. :p I now contemplate spending an inordinate amount of time plotting a beer trail through parts of Mass. for a down and dirty long weekend.
  • mrbiron
    acjac2j6znnv.jpg

Thanks Frederique. :p I now contemplate spending an inordinate amount of time plotting a beer trail through parts of Mass. for a down and dirty long weekend.

Come on up...ill stand in line with ya! ;)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited November 2017
    :D Frederique.......got 'im!
  • mrbiron
    Haha....ill roll with it ;)
  • Malbec
    In the meantime...
    pv4q2gy1u0zv.jpg

gpivk4u5my12.jpg