For sale: Pioneer Elite VSX-94txh.....

shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
edited October 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Originally bought on this forum from Montoya here: forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/160594/pioneer-elite-vsx-94txh

I have been using it as a pre/pro with a B&K 5 channel amp powering my speakers. It does a wonderful job with Home Theater and music. Looking to get into a dedicated pre/pro for sale on here and need to fund the purchase.

I fixed the cracked door issue and although you can tell if you are right up on the machine you can BARELY tell. It has worked flawlessly; the handshake issue was not a design flaw - it was a bad hdmi cable that i had in my system. Replaced the hdmi and it has worked perfectly. Has stayed in the rack since I received and still have original box. I paid $250 plus shipping when I bought it which was a steal. E-bay has been selling these around $300 consistently. Looking for local sale at this time in MD/DC/Va area - $225. If I have to ship it will be $225 plus ACTUAL shipping costs which would likely be north of $50 due to size and weight depending on location.

Here is the pioneer product page: pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/VSX-94TXH

Here is the sound and vision article: https://soundandvision.com/content/pioneer-elite-vsx-94txh-av-receiver-0

This unit retailed for $1,800 when new and according to the research I did and what others have told me, it was the precursor to the highly desirable SC units.

Looks the same as pictures in original thread but will try to get new ones up in the next day or two for those interested. Thanks in advance.
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• shawn474
    $200 local pick up
    Shawn
  • shawn474
    $180 local; thats probably as low as i will go. If no takers will probably keep in the spare room.
    Shawn
  • I would be really interested in snagging it from you but I'm just not sure when I could get your way soon. I'm in Philadelphia. Are you D.C. Area?
  • shawn474
    Yes DC area. I am in no rush. So if you want it, it’s yours. I can also drive a bit to meet if you need it sooner
    Shawn
  • Sold: Pm me your paypal email and I'll just get the money over to you now and we will figure out some time for me to actually come get it. I am in no rush either just don't wanna leave you in limbo!
  • Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    Glad to see this piece lasted so long as served you well.
  • shawn474
    Montoya wrote: »
    Glad to see this piece lasted so long as served you well.

Thanks man. I probably should have just kept it and not "upgraded". The marantz is a beautiful piece of equipment though and I always wanted to got the true separates route. Still trying to tweak some settings to get it the way I want. I can say that I spent some time with the Marantz optimizing the Blu Ray portion and it looks and sounds incredible. I haven't spent the time doing the same with the Cable/Sat protion yet, but need to do so. The picture and sound just seems compressed; can't put my finget on it but will try to figure it all out when I get some free time.
    Shawn
  • shawn474
    sold; thanks Adam
    Shawn
  • shawn474
    Bumping this back up; Adam paid but we couldn’t get around to meeting in a timely fashion and I didn’t feel right keeping his money. I refunded him and this had been boxed up on a shelf since. Need to make room and want someone else to enjoy it. It really is a beast.

$175 local pick up.
    Shawn
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited October 2018
    Hmmmm. This is tempting. I will need a new receiver soon as mine is over 12 years old. It's also a Pioneer and works perfectly. It's just old.

Would you still be willing to ship this? I live in Oregon.

Edit: Did you ever install an IEC inlet into this receiver? It's weird it doesn't have a detachable cord.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • shawn474
    headrott wrote: »
    Hmmmm. This is tempting. I will need a new receiver soon as mine is over 12 years old. It's also a Pioneer and works perfectly. It's just old.

Edit: Did you ever install an IEC inlet into this receiver? It's weird it doesn't have a detachable cord.

I would ship but it won’t be cheap. I have the original box and packing materials. It is heavy (45 lbs or so) and I am on the opposite side of the country. Happy to do it but may kill the deal for you. I can get a quote if you want.

I never installed an iec. I was surprised as well.
    Shawn
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    shawn474 wrote: »
    headrott wrote: »

I would ship but it won’t be cheap. I have the original box and packing materials. It is heavy (45 lbs or so) and I am on the opposite side of the country. Happy to do it but may kill the deal for you. I can get a quote if you want.

I never installed an iec. I was surprised as well.

Yeah, can you get a shipping quote for me?

Don't worry about the IEC. I can install one if I feel it necessary. Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • shawn474
    bump
    Shawn
  • shawn474
    Off the market; donated to a friend for a HT.
    Shawn