Signa S1 Turning Off on its own

Recently purchased the Signa S1 sound bar. I have noticed that when using my Apple TV and the screen saver comes on or if I put the Signa S1 on mute, after a period of time the sound bar completely shuts off. Is this normal behavior?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Yes, the Signa S1 has a feature that places the soundbar in the standby mode when there isn't any incoming signal for about 10 to 15 minutes.
    Cheers, Ken
  • Is it possible to turn the standby off or extend the amount of time to standby?

It gets annoying having to keep Turing the soundbar back on after only a few minutes with the TV paused.

Thanks
  • I ended up returning mine for this very reason, my $50 creative PC speakers turn on when they sense audio but this $450 Polk soundbar cant?!, esepcially annoying since it resets the audio settings when turned back on
  • Hi, is there any way to increase the duration of this auto shutoff / power saving mode or just turn it off? It shuts off to quickly when watching Netflix or YouTube. It is very annoying to start new videos without sound.
  • cmnz
    cmnz Posts: 1
    I also find this auto-shutoff really annoying and am thinking about returning it. It also doesn't seem to remember volume/bass settings when you turn it back on.
  • Can anyone from Polk comment on this
  • Its a horrible feature. There has to be a way to turn it off. When using a remote, if paused for a while, the remote doesnt know the sound is off. So when you restart, you need to manually switch over to devices or physically turn it on, wait for the bar to come on, power up, and then sound.
    Really? Polk didnt envision this as something that should be optionally on or off?

• Polk says its a feature required in order to get their "green" certification. On average, they say, it cuts power consumption by 90%. Of course, 90% of next to nothing, in terms of electric usage, is almost nothing. And i share the same frustration others do. See above. I would return it if i could, but i only started using it heavily months after i bought it., and at that i figured i could get a solution online. Btw, that hack about holding down the off and down keys didnt do a thing for me. For what its worth, I'll be careful about buying any future speakers like this that have the Eco Green thing. Also, the more featured sound bars don't shut off. If they are Alexa compatible, they are always in a listening mode, or waiting mode, and cant power off. Per Polk Audio. Sure learned all this the hard way. Maybe i can sell it on Amazon or Ebay.
  • chaim
    chaim Posts: 1
    I bought a speaker and all its lights are flashing What can I do?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    chaim wrote: »
    I bought a speaker and all its lights are flashing What can I do?

Put on some music and get after it....