Can anyone tell if these are MIT?

This speaker set is up for sale locally, and the price is right on the bubble of tempting me. His ad says "includes speakers, boxes, stands, and speaker cables".

Can any of you tell if those are MIT cables? I know it's a long shot, but I don't want to call and ask, in case it's someone that doesn't know what they are. If they are indeed MIT, then the deal is a slam dunk.

Thanks for any insight...

wqtd3vjevbt7.jpg
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    Might be mit terminator series
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Those sure look like older MIT Terminators to me, and bi-wire as well.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    MIT Terminator 2 bi-wires.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Looks like someone is getting a new pair of speakers... ;)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Thanks guys - I am going to contact the seller tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes:-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Give him $28....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    edited November 2017
    Jesse could have spotted those MIT’s with Stevie Wonder’s eyes. He is one with MIT as Vader is one with the Force.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,045
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Thanks guys - I am going to contact the seller tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes:-)

Too late. I contacted him tonight and will picking these up at lunch tomorrow.

J/K :p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »

Too late. I contacted him tonight and will picking these up at lunch tomorrow.

Yeah......where's local? I'm sure nobody from here will be contacting him tonight still... o:)

Right when I saw the thread title, I was wondering if Jesse had his phone on and if the alarms went off. Good golly, it took him eight minutes! Batteries must be running low... :o
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,013
    And the wires are already broken in too.

I hope you get the deal !!

Good Luck !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    edited November 2017
    MIT, Harvard, Dartmouth... one of those, I'm sure.

(EDIT: I'm sorry -- I couldn't resist...)
  • daddyjt
    Sometimes I hate being predictable. I KNEW if I went and looked at these...

Just closed the deal. The guy was the original owner, and The speakers are MINT - all the original packaging, boxes with correct SER #s, even the little felt mats the slip over the tweeters for shipping.

The cables are in fact MIT - Terminator 4 bi-wire. Funny thing, during listening I walked over and looked at the cables, and the guy said "Yea, I got talked into buying those by the dealer with the speakers - probably got hosed on them, they were $400". Lol

The stands don't look like anything special, but they came with. He was asking $1,250, but I offered $1,080, and he took the cash. I think it was a pretty solid acquisition, and I'm looking forward to listening to them! As always, thank you all for being the wealth of knowledge that you are (And for being a great group of enablers!)

w7qvxtdx752k.jpg
    rsb3rkolxa2z.jpg
    6gyw0p69rcl9.jpg
    j2224xont2dd.jpg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,048
    Nice pickup on the entire package and I think you'll be pleased. I presently have a pair of MIT T4's on my Polk 1.2tl's and I think they're very nice cables. They were a noticeable upgrade over the Canare bi-wires that they replaced.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Ah, T4 bi-wires. You don't see many of those. The majority of the bi-wires are T2's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    T2 Bi wires changed my whole perception of reality man....seriously. Those and AQ Sidewinder RCA cables.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,048
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ah, T4 bi-wires. You don't see many of those. The majority of the bi-wires are T2's.

I have another pair of flex covered T4 bi-wires as well on a secondary rig which also were a noticeable upgrade over the monster cables they replaced. Both pair of T4's will have to do till some Shotgun bi-wires come my way :) .
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    Where is the review?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    edited November 2017
    Where is the review?

I am in the midst of finishing my basement, so I haven't gotten a good session with them yet, but I did (of course) hook them up as soon as I got home for a quick listen, and I think I am REALLY going to like them. They have a very different sound signature than I've heard before, and I like it. A lot. I'm not good with the superlative explanations of sound, but they sounded very smooth and open, if that makes any sense.

As for the basement, doing the bathroom right now, then a room for my son, THEN I get to build a listening room for me:-)

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    Just throw a mattress in the tub, call it good and get going on the listening room!
    I disabled signatures.