Modded 2.3TLs w/ 1000 va Dreadnaught and custom MIT Shotgun cables

Options
GlennDog
GlennDog Posts: 3,085
edited September 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I purchased these bad boys from Seas (Ed) 2.5 years ago. If you're interested in their history, here's the thread

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/166212/fully-modded-sda-srs-2-3tl-for-sale-1300/p1

Reason for the sale, is that these Need Room To Breath !! and I Have No Room!
Bigger is Not always better!
My space is small, which was fine for the 2B studios, this size speaker is over-kill, for My space
Now I'm headed in another direction . . .

From the original Seas ad:
"Upgrades include....new RDO198 tweeters, all of the drivers have been dampened with dynamite, hurricane nuts on all drivers and tweeters, Black hole 5 applied behind the drivers and the magnets have been secured with locktite.

The crossovers were rebuilt with Sonic Caps in the high pass and Solens in the low pass. All resisters were replaced with Mills. The poly switches were removed and replaced with Mills resistors.

The crossovers have about 150 to 200 hours of burn in and are really starting to shine.

I would rate these as a solid 8 or 9. The only visible issue is some snags on the grill cloth that you can only see in very good lighting. The top caps are in great shape."

The 2.3s might have an addition 100 hours on them . . . They've been idle since I purchased my Salks

Prior to delivery, I paid Seas to upgrade the original speaker binding posts to Cardas CCRGs for the R, L and IC

Jesse (F1 Nut) custom made the MIT Shotgun AI-1 ICs that connect the 2.3s to the Dreadnaught

Also, Doug at Douglas Connection made the sweet jumpers

All in all, I have over $2500 invested in these. I would like to get around $1900.

I'll try getting pic up in the next few days. Any questions! Just ask!

Thanks for look'n

Edit: I'm in SW Michigan, north of Motown 48098
& AI-1 case fabricated by Brock (ToolFan)
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12
Post edited by GlennDog on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    That would be Larry not Brock (heiney9) i do believe
    Great deal wish i could be the new owner
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Nice someone will be getting a deal nice Speakers.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Now these become available close to me. Where were you 3 years ago. GLWTS.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • GlennDog
    edited September 2017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That would be Larry not Brock (heiney9) i do believe
    Great deal wish i could be the new owner

My bad, sorry Lar! . . . AND that's SE Mich. northern Detroit burbs
    Yesterday was a long arse day!
    Post edited by GlennDog on
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    Shocking that these are still here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    This^^^^ hell of a deal IMO!!!
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Options
    I'm interested. It will be at least 2 weeks until I could think about making the trip on a weekend.
  • GlennDog
    Options
    In full disclosure, my new iPad Pro camera takes very detailed pictures ...
    here is the general condition of the 2.3 TL’s

I would rate them cosmetically 7.8 - 8.2 out of 10, mainly because of the speaker cloth piling and age, of coarse

Overall sound quality . . . high 8s and into the 9s!

The dreadnought and MIT cables are not run-in, yet!

u0urt77l8464.jpeg

158f2hsxsudv.jpeg

bvsdq0t84y44.jpeg

8nfeokdzw4aq.jpeg

xesb4cjmqldj.jpeg

mwxybbt9u50k.jpeg

5mm0yfhj8ycw.jpeg

qfjnq38p00mn.jpeg

Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Options
    If only you were closer to Wisconsin. You're too far away for this cripple to drive...
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• GlennDog
    Options
    I’ll be in northern Indiana next weekend, if that helps .... Shipshawana area
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    Options
    Hump-Day Bump!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Me too . .

This is a lot of speaker and SQ for the $$

I dare say, not a better 2.3TL price to be found EVER with the speaker mods, MIT cables and 1KVA Dreadnaught
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    Bit far to drive from Tampa, Florida, but an awesome deal! Good luck with the sale, someone should be jumping all over these!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Me too . .

This is a lot of speaker and SQ for the $$

I dare say, not a better 2.3TL price to be found EVER with the speaker mods, MIT cables and 1KVA Dreadnaught

I totally agree. I currently have 2.3's, all new parts(including drivers) to fully mod them into 2.3TL's, they already have Larry's rings + more and a 1KVA Dreadnaught... I still want to buy them just because.... but about the only place I have for them is to make them garage speakers or put them in the closet as spares. I've had modded SDA 2A's as garage speakers for years already though and have some CRS+'s and modded M7 Series 2 in the closet already.

If the drive wasn't so far and they would fit better in a KIA Soul I'd probably have made the trip for them. Surprisingly they will fit in my Soul but the front seats need to be almost all the way forward.

Someone needs to snatch these up, they are keepers in my eyes.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• pkquat
    Options
    I would have them now if they were closer. I am still interested and but it is a days drive each way, and I have not had a free weekend with work and other pre-made plans. It may still be a while. Don't let me hold anyone up.
  • kwarren122
    Options
    Nice deal thats what Im looking for but Im down south darn it...GLWS
  • GlennDog
    Options
    Bumper cars!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,680
    Options
    I just did some more work on my 2.3TL's an hour ago. Seeing this thread is giving me flashbacks. :p
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Hard to believe these are still available, unless I missed something if nobody has claimed these yet Wow! I'm enjoying my 2.3tls this very moment, anybody considering these or have even thought about them make that move and with the Dreadnaught to boot just buy em already.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,680
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Hard to believe these are still available, unless I missed something if nobody has claimed these yet Wow! I'm enjoying my 2.3tls this very moment, anybody considering these or have even thought about them make that move and with the Dreadnaught to boot just buy em already.

Yeah, I could have purchased these and saved myself lots of time and money instead of doing mine myself. :p
  • gudnoyez
    edited October 2017
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Perhaps some pictures of these bad boy's might help.

You must of missed them, the pictures already posted display these quite well.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited October 2017
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    My bad, just saw them.

Beauts are they not? Someone should buy these.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pkquat
    Options
    Hopefully making the road trip this weekend.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
    Good remove the temptation.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Let me say, for the items you are getting, you are stupid to not buy these. Good luck getting a 1000va "AI-1" transformer, let a lone one already made for you. The 2.3TL's with modified crossovers, RD0-198's, etc. for $1900.00 is extremely hard to beat. Someone should buy these, now.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • GlennDog
    Options
    headroom wrote: »
    For $1900.00 it is extremely hard to beat. Someone should buy these, now.

A Polkie from Minneapolis did!!

Peter (nice guy) drove into metro Detroit on Saturday, did a 180 and split to go Straight Back Home! We had to shoehorn them into his Audi wagon. Tight fit, but doable
    Polk "dedication" does not even scratch the surface for a road trip like that . . .

I'm glad they stayed in the CP family. This set of 2.3s have been all over the eastern 1/2 of the country

Happy listening, Peter!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    headroom wrote: »
    For $1900.00 it is extremely hard to beat. Someone should buy these, now.

A Polkie from Minneapolis did!!

Peter (nice guy) drove into metro Detroit on Saturday, did a 180 and split to go Straight Back Home! We had to shoehorn them into his Audi wagon. Tight fit, but doable
    Polk "dedication" does not even scratch the surface for a road trip like that . . .

I'm glad they stayed in the CP family. This set of 2.3s have been all over the eastern 1/2 of the country

Happy listening, Peter!

I guess I should have scrolled down all the way before posting. I just now noticed the comment about making the road trip. Congratulations on the sale and to Peter for the purchase of some excellent gear!

Also, who is this "headroom" character? :D
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Congrats to both on the transaction I will be heading south through Minneapolis in a week audition perhaps? :#:#
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• GlennDog
    edited November 2017
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Congrats to both on the transaction I will be heading south through Minneapolis in a week audition perhaps? :#:#

Thanks!

Reach out to Pete/Peter "piquet" in Minni

But, like I told him, the Dreadnaught is gonna need a couple hundred hours to fully run-her-in!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12