Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited October 2017
    Then off to the pea-pea pad for u

and bring your own woobie
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Then off to the pea-pea pad for u

and bring your own woobie
    Okay, "sippy" I kinda figured-out, but "woobie"? I'm lost. HAHAHA
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Pacifier, or sometimes blanket.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    woobie is a blankie
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    This reminds me of why I'm so glad I don't have kids. :D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,923
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I live smack-dab in the middle of one of the worst-hit parts of Vermont. The wind was so intense that when it woke me up, the house was shaking so badly, I thought it was an earthquake.

There is no electrical power at home, so I came to my mother's house until it is restored. Now everybody can make "mother's basement" jokes about me for the next few days, even though she doesn't have a basement. :p

VPR said 70,000 folks without power yesterday -- to say nothing of the cows.

;)

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842

Where would you be if your mother had felt the same way?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Viking64

Happier.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711

Happier.

You get power yet? Was talking with a lumber mill in Bristol, VT this morning. He said VT was declared a disaster. Don't know how much that is true but rolled with it ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Viking64
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You get power yet? Was talking with a lumber mill in Bristol, VT this morning. He said VT was declared a disaster. Don't know how much that is true but rolled with it ;)
    Not yet. It will probably be a few more days as I live out in the sticks. :p

Considering how sparsely populated Vermont is and how many people were affected, it was quite a storm. In my town, there was close to 90% of the residents without power yesterday. They are slowly getting things back here and there.

I went to that lumber mill in Bristol when I was in grade school back in the late 70's. They let each of us step in the kiln for a few seconds. That was long enough. :o

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    j38dkeuqrt75.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    c024bn3dwe3m.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Sorry Rich, but....

d4ygvis46q9j.png
  • mhardy6647
    Psychedelic Shack...

https://youtu.be/G5ZS6zCwsmk

That's where it's at.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    j38dkeuqrt75.jpg

I think there's two turntables and a microphone in that box...
  • mhardy6647
    scubalab wrote: »
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    j38dkeuqrt75.jpg

I think there's two turntables and a microphone in that box...

doubtless.

I hope it's not this camera lens...

8efsle0aixik.png

https://www.diyphotography.net/photographers-lens-smashed-pieces-shipped-buyer/

:(
  • Look like pachinko speakers to me.
  • mhardy6647
    Look like pachinko speakers to me.

I had the same thought!
    be afraid, be very afraid...

;)

• mhardy6647
    For any of us that think that the cars of today all look more or less the same...
    I guess it was even worse in the late 1930s :blush:

vlihc2h78n4s.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

And we too are so glad you don't have kids.... B)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    For any of us that think that the cars of today all look more or less the same...

vlihc2h78n4s.png

Thats a whole lot of sexy on a page.... Cars today dont look that awesome, unless you buy one of those super pricey ones.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Sure wish I had one of each in storage! :)
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

vlihc2h78n4s.png

Thats a whole lot of sexy on a page.... Cars today dont look that awesome, unless you buy one of those super pricey ones.....

Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mhardy6647
    The two posts above pretty much echo my son's comments when I shared that image with him.

Quoth The Other Dr. Hardy:
    They may all look the same but they do all look cool :P

• "They may all look the same but they do all look cool".

If they all look the same, then wouldn't they all have to look cool or all have to look not cool ?
    Or maybe they could all look cool/not cool at the same time ? :*

Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    "They may all look the same but they do all look cool".

If they all look the same, then wouldn't they all have to look cool or all have to look not cool ?
    Or maybe they could all look cool/not cool at the same time ? :*

Of course. What you have posited is a version of the famous Gedankenexperiment known as "Schrödinger's Car"

:blush:
  • Fat fenders and running boards

publ9qnqes52.jpg

are

xhkf0sm84zre.jpg

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    ^If thats one of your rides, color me jealous!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    ^^^

It is.

I've seen it in person.

It's beautiful.

Mike's also got a very nice vintage Chevy wagon too, IIRC...
  • mhardy6647
    very, very cool.