Polyfill Location In CRS

Being that one of MW is in front the rear PR, what is the recommended area(s) to locate the polyfill? Also is it still recommended to put some BH5 (or similar) on the left and right insides of the cabinet? Thanks
Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS xovers rebuilt by David, RDO194's, Dynamat, BH5, glued magnets, new cloth, custom aluminum terminal plates with Cardas posts and Speakon interconnect
Speaker Cables, Jumpers & Interconnect: DIY Douglas Connection
Power Amp: Sunfire Architect's Choice Series II
Preamp: Adcom GFP-750
SACD/CD: Oppo BDP-95
Tuner: Sansui TU-717
TT: Technics SL-MA1
Phono Pre: Emotiva XPS-1
Music Server: Mac Mini w/JRiver - iPad w/JRemote
DAC: Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus
Other Polks: SDA: 1A, 1C, 2B, CRS+ / Monitor: 10A, 5jr, 4 / RT5

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    thats is a tough one because of how the CRS's are made, take a look at this thread Dave @westmassguy made about the BH5 damping boards he created on a idea of how to use BH5 in a CRS and he made these for me to put into my CRS's and he did my crossover

you will in the pics as you scroll down how he put the polyfill into it and it will give you some things to try!
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/169838/sda-crs-crs-something-different#latest
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • stogie
    stogie Posts: 230
    Voltz, Thank you for the link.
    Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS xovers rebuilt by David, RDO194's, Dynamat, BH5, glued magnets, new cloth, custom aluminum terminal plates with Cardas posts and Speakon interconnect
    Speaker Cables, Jumpers & Interconnect: DIY Douglas Connection
    Power Amp: Sunfire Architect's Choice Series II
    Preamp: Adcom GFP-750
    SACD/CD: Oppo BDP-95
    Tuner: Sansui TU-717
    TT: Technics SL-MA1
    Phono Pre: Emotiva XPS-1
    Music Server: Mac Mini w/JRiver - iPad w/JRemote
    DAC: Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus
    Other Polks: SDA: 1A, 1C, 2B, CRS+ / Monitor: 10A, 5jr, 4 / RT5
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Your welcome, the damping boards really did help the sound and took some of the shout out of the speakers & gave them a cleaner sound to the mid's.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    May i ask. What size were the bh5 and where exactly in measurements did you place it?