Legacy Focus 20/20 and Butler 2250 amp

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    VMORENO74.....your up to bat, you still interested ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Interested Tony. Do you know the dimension with boxes? Thanks!
  • tonyb
    Not off the top of my head, I'll look at the boxes when I get a chance, their up in the garage rafters. Did I mention I don't want to ship these ? Are you close to, or in Illinois ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Indeed you mentioned, I assumed you had them in their boxes already, but not a problem I can use some blankets to cover them. I am close to Illinois.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    If this sale goes through, it's sort of a bittersweet conclusion. But I bet when Tony is ready to replace these with something in the future, that there are plenty of Polkies in his area that would be more than happy to give him a good deal on some nice speakers. Am I right? :)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Viking64 wrote: »
    If this sale goes through, it's sort of a bittersweet conclusion. But I bet when Tony is ready to replace these with something in the future, that there are plenty of Polkies in his area that would be more than happy to give him a good deal on some nice speakers. Am I right? :)

No fn way have you ever met that guy? Geesh ... wait come to think if it I've never met him. But we did chat on the phone once. He did run interference for me and tried to procure some gear for me....

Yea Tony is one of a kind great guy..... what's that a waste mgmt truck just pulled up out front wonder what the smell they want........gotta go running out the back door NOW!!!!!

Yes I'm sure many will step up. Tony's grade AAA+ IN MY BOOK
  • Viking64
    HAHAHAHA Yeah, I don't really know many people here, but I could sense the exact same thing just by reading current posts and a few old ones on various subjects.
  • pitdogg2
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Tony is a Danny Devito look alike jerkwad.

I thought Danny had more hair
  • Viking64
    edited October 2017

So, that's not him in his avatar? :p

EDIT: A reverse image search answered my question. It said "no". :o
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I see a Waste Management truck heading to yous guys houses really soon
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2017
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I see a Waste Management truck heading to yous guys houses really soon

Witness protection squad just showed up o:)
    Been nice knowing y'all
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Tony is a Great guy until he sends his relatives to your house :#

I remember when they showed up at my house, and started rearranging all my furniture. Then as they were leaving the big dude said: Next time it won't be your furniture we rearrange!

So Tony get's what Tony wants ;)

BTW GLWTS!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

Only shorter...
  • txcoastal1
    Gonna be a dumpster full....what a shame :o
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Viking64

Only shorter...

The kind of person that can walk across the dining room without having to go around the table? :p
  • pitdogg2
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Gonna be a dumpster full....what a shame :o

Hey we're having a good time why shouldn't Tony? Am i right or am i right??
    >:):pB)
  • tonyb
    Danny DeVito ??? Well I guess if your 7 ft tall, Like Russ and Steve, everyone else looks like DD to you. :)

I can put them back in the boxes, not a big deal. I would assume anyone wanting them would want the boxes anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    vmoreno74 wrote: »
    Thank you Tony.

Tony's a righteous dude, if you're in the market and close these speakers are a no brainer...hope you get them

• Thank you txcoastal1 . I am just waiting for box dimensions info from Tony to decide what car to drive and pick them up.
  • txcoastal1
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/16043/what-are-you-listening-to#latest

Post a couple times in above thread to get your post count to 10 and then you and Tony can talk via PM

• pitdogg2
    Thank you txcoastal1 . I am just waiting for box dimensions info from Tony to decide what car to drive and pick them up.

The biggest one you have. They're not a deer don't ride well on roof or hood ;)
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    K, I thought these were going to tophatter's place...homer! I just went back to his saying-so post and pulled my 'like'....phlllbbbft!! :p

So sorry, Tony, to hear there's a need to move these along. I hope things take a serious turn for the better in the near future for you.

vmoreno74, I see you haven't been around these parts much or for too long. Well, aside from the fun poking at Tony's expense (he dishes and receives it well) above, you'd be very hard pressed to find a more helpful, more respected, straight shootin', standup guy on this site than him. I encourage you to enter into any transaction with him with the utmost of confidence that you can take it for what he has presented it as.

Congrats on the transaction to both of you!

• @ pitdogg2, how did you know I was thinking to place them on the roof of my car? :D
  • tonyb
    Boxes are about 66 inches tall and 22 inches wide. The speakers themselves stand 58 inches tall on spikes, and 15 inches wide, same front to back.

These need some room to breath to sound right, A good 1.5 feet from the rear wall and 2+ feet from any side wall. 7-9 feet apart is also a good idea if you sit roughly 12-15 feet back in your listening position.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Thank you for the info Tony. Are you using a specific brand of speaker cable?
  • Should we try to start using PM to talk about time and place to complete the transaction? Thanks!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I can sell you some Greg Straley reality cables that I got from @tonyb that are too short for my current setup. They were the best cables I've tried so far.

Not sure if he used them in his main system or not before he sold them to me.

If you wanted to you could ask him about them in that system and send me a PM if you are interested.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • tonyb
    Thank you for the info Tony. Are you using a specific brand of speaker cable?

I use Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables and AZ Matrix 2 interconnects to the amp. I've found this to be a very good fit for these speakers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's