Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Open game this season :D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Now there's talk the Packers may call on Romo.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • txcoastal1
    NOOOOOOO
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Steelers are lucky as crap!
  • txcoastal1
    deronb1 wrote: »

So is New England

• deronb1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »

So is New England

Fact!
  • txcoastal1
    Giants have failed to get Manning an Oline...#1 rule if you want a veteran QB
    Giants have failed in getting a RB....#2 rule when using a veteran QB

• la2vegas wrote: »
    In the past most NFL teams remained in the locker rooms until the national anthem was over. It was the DOD who started giving the NFL millions of dollars in order to promote the military by having players present during the ceremony.

Follow the money, don't be blind.

Yeah I read that article. $10 million over 3 years was paid out for NFL ceremonies and expensed as recruitment costs. That’s money well spent for recruiting IMO and really no money at all considering the DoD’s annual operating budget for FY17 was $600 billion.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • FYI the DoD hasn’t paid the NFL for ceremonies since 2015.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It was posted somewhere that the NFL has a guideline handbook or something that says the players have to be on the field, helmets in left hand, standing and facing the flag.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    I'm sure they have a choice
    Choice to sit in locker room

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Rick88 wrote: »
    It is rediculous how many players are getting hurt these days.

Their bodies are not genetically natural

Was listening to one of the old timer Jets veterans

Comment was " WTF is an oblique, we didn't have obliques in our days, we had love handles"...while at the bar sucking down brews and hoagies

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Kaepernick is suing NFL now. WOW. How can he fight street injustice while fighting employment injustice. Unbelievable !
    Now what about all the hundreds of players that were cut after preseason games. They might have been good players too.
    Do they get a shot at suing the NFL too ?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • gce
    It's almost like this protest went in a different direction and Kaepernick needs to get the spotlight back on him.

I don't blame the teams, I wouldn't hire him either.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    It's not about winning, its about getting a settlement. Don't kid yourself.
  • gce
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Looks like the Raiders are back in the toilet. I'd be looking for a bridge right about now, but the Dodgers are keeping me alive a little while longer.

There a talented team, they'll be back. Go Dodgers!!!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Ahh yes...the Jokeland Faders. They are the Washington Generals of the NFL.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited October 2017
    I’d make him play for the Browns for a season so he can gain some perspective.

Hey, good point. That would be a solution to the NFL's dilemma. He said he's stand if given a job. What would his kneeling team mates think of him then ? Could he turn the losing streak around ?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited October 2017
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    Tony M wrote: »
    I’d make him play for the Browns for a season so he can gain some perspective.

Hey, good point. That would be a solution to the NFL's dilemma. He said he's stand if given a job. What would his kneeling team mates think of him then ? Could he turn the losing streak around ?

He refuted that mis-report
  • Tony M
    edited October 2017
    I guess we'll never see the National Anthem played at an NFL football game on TV ever again.

My wife and I missed the Monday Night game. We didn't even think about the miss until last night at 8:00 PM. My wife brought it up.

Now we liked NFL games and my wife ran a football pool for 15 years. The participants got smaller and smaller . This year nobody even wanted to participate except 3 people. One being my wife, 2 being her older sister and third, a girl who has a skill at picking a lot of winners over the years. Used to be 25...

My wife closed her NFL pool this year.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Has anybody else noticed that the ref in tonight's game looks and sounds almost exactly like John Lithgow? :p
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Rick88 wrote: »
    That was the craziest finish to a game I have ever seen!! :o

Also, Marshawn Lynch is a bonehead...

1) Yes.

2) Yes.
  • How about those Buckeyes!!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    That was one heck of a game!
  • Those officials were tough.