SDA2A tweeter upgrade only for main (not crossover) with new Polk tweets

Options
Would this be undesirable?

Comments

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options
    Not at all, you can do the crossovers later. Call Polk and order 2 RDO-194s, make sure and tell them your a member.

Welcome to the rabbit hole.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    That's a perfect starting point. I have the same speakers and I had them with upgraded tweeters for about 2 years before upgrading to a pair with the tweeters and crossovers updated.

They sound special now, but even with just the tweeters sounded really really good IMO.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A