4Eva is a Mighty Long Time

For you hip hop heads up there Big K.R.I.T. released his new double album today. Give it a listen this stuff is SOLID from start to finish. Give me your thoughts...
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    You probably don't want to hear my thoughts in regards to this.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Viking64 wrote: »
    You probably don't want to hear my thoughts in regards to this.

I don't want to hear the thoughts of anyone who generalizes any genre of music. So you may be right ;)

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • Viking64
    Make up your mind. Are you talking about hip-hop or about music? There's a big difference.
  • Viking64
    But thanks for assuming you knew what I was going to say. :p
  • codycatalist
    Make up your mind. Are you talking about hip-hop or about music? There's a big difference.

Didn't know there was a conflict in my statement.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Pete Townshend, in his younger days, had a different take on 4EVA...

https://youtu.be/dOdZGLK_U4o

;)

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

Seriously? I had a tenor sax scholarship in college, played in lot of bands in my day. There are some GREAT hip hop musicians out now, and a lot of really top shelf young jazz artists incorporating hip hop and funk into their charts. You or your parents didn’t think Elvis or the Beatles were music either dumbarse...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Viking64
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Seriously? I had a tenor sax scholarship in college, played in lot of bands in my day. There are some GREAT hip hop musicians out now, and a lot of really top shelf young jazz artists incorporating hip hop and funk into their charts. You or your parents didn’t think Elvis or the Beatles were music either dumbarse...

Yeah, me stoopit. Deeerp. U pwned me, dood. Elvis wuz in da beetals 2. I seen it on da Teevee.
  • codycatalist
    rooftop59 wrote: »

There is a lot of jazz, gospel and blues incorporated into the production of this record. One of the best parts of listening to this artist is him handling the writing, production, mixing and mastering of his work. Very rarely do hip hop artists get full creative control, when they do good things usually follow.

• codycatalist
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Pete Townshend, in his younger days, had a different take on 4EVA...

https://youtu.be/dOdZGLK_U4o

;)

LOL doc you're awesome.