SDA mods needed

Options
So I've had a pair of sda 1's for ages and I noticed a driver rattling and figured its obvious the y need a little work. I understand there are mods to improve the sda's and its not something I want to tackle so Im wondering if there maybe someone fairly close to Atlanta ,Ga. that is able to do this for me?
Thanx in advance

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    A rattling driver could be as simple as loose mounting screws. It could also be a damaged spider or shifted magnet causing voice coil rubbing. If either of the later it's time for a new driver.

For crossover mods talk to member Westmassguy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kwarren122
    Options
    Ok, thank you so much
  • F1nut
    Options
    Yes he does, but he doesn't mod those speakers.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,027
    Options
    If you'd like another ear on it, I'm in metro Atlanta as well. Might help you determine if it's a driver that needs replacing as I've had a few that did.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2017
    Options

President of Club Polk