Proud Polkaholic

ultrasoudproductions
edited October 2017 in Speakers
Hello everybody. My name is Jorge and I am a Polkaholic. My Journey began when I purchased a Polk PSW10 along with a 5 speaker surround sound and a 5.1
receiver. I then puchased a set of Monitor 60 Series II in cherry, a PSW10 in cherry along with a 5.1 receiver and a stereo cabinet. I then purchased a set of
R10.
wwfy2damgovj.jpeg

Next I purchased a PSW505
by7vkusj2nfz.jpeg

I then purchased a set of RT600
8gk3ainq3rs5.jpeg

I then found a set of Monitor 10
qg8owdc5c9ws.jpeg

and now I found a set of RT800
y3e7fnse0556.jpeg

I have made other purchases but wont say anything until I have them in hand.

Comments

• Welcome Jorge! Since you like all things Polk, look for SDA models in your area. They are something special that deserve to be heard!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    We got a live one! Welcome aboard!
    I have the same affliction.....rock on.
  • Welcome Jorge! Since you like all things Polk, look for SDA models in your area. They are something special that deserve to be heard!

Hello Dennis Gardner,
    Thanks for your input.
  • lightman1 wrote: »
    We got a live one! Welcome aboard!
    I have the same affliction.....rock on.

Hello lightman1,
    Thanks for your input.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    That's a good start, I totally dig the early M10s you have and might suggest you use them as a first project as there are lots of cheap upgrades available. As soon as I've got all the Ms under my belt, I'll probably move onto the RTs as you have.
  • Thanks FestYboy,
    Thanks for the input. I love how the RT series sound. Hopefully by Monday I will have a couple other sets. I am hoping to get a set of Monitor 5 and 5jr to add to the M10. What is a good price to pay for them.
  • FestYboy
    I find that varies by location, for instance, my area will see as much as 120 for a set of mint 5s, and near a bill for the JRs. Now if you're on the west coast, those prices drop by half...

Obviously if the seller wants them to move, things will shift accordingly, like one of the pairs of 10s I have was had for 50 with stands... But that seems to be the range I see.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Thanks FestYboy,
    Thanks for the input. I love how the RT series sound. Hopefully by Monday I will have a couple other sets. I am hoping to get a set of Monitor 5 and 5jr to add to the M10. What is a good price to pay for them.

Monitor 7's are great speakers as are SDA's and SRS speakers. I love my Monitor 7 series 2's, my SDA+'s, 2A's and my SRS 2.3's. I've sold off my M10's, M5's and M5JR's, I like my M7's way more.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• TNTsTunes wrote: »
    Thanks FestYboy,

Monitor 7's are great speakers as are SDA's and SRS speakers. I love my Monitor 7 series 2's, my SDA+'s, 2A's and my SRS 2.3's. I've sold off my M10's, M5's and M5JR's, I like my M7's way more.

Thanks TNTsTunes,

Thanks for the input. Who knows where my journey will take me. I just started my journey not even two months ago.
  • Viking64 wrote: »
    Did someone say "polkaholic"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Qnlu9Nfj8

Thanks Viking64,

Thanks for the input. Yes its Polka time!!! LOL
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    Thanks FestYboy,

Thanks TNTsTunes,

Thanks for the input. Who knows where my journey will take me. I just started my journey not even two months ago.

Just trying to help.

Take the time to listen to some SDA's and SRS's if you have the chance, odds are it will shorten you journey dramatically.

You'll find the rabbit hole in no time that way.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646

Thanks Viking64,

HAHAHA And thank YOU for having a sense of humor. I hope that video wasn't too traumatic. :p

Back in the 1970's, where I lived there was no cable TV and we only got one channel, a CBS affiliate. On Saturdays around 7 p.m., they would air "The Lawrence Welk Show", followed by "Hee-Haw". It's a miracle that after all of that trauma, I grew up to be a (seemingly) functioning member of society. o:)
  • Viking64 wrote: »

Thanks Viking64,

HAHAHA And thank YOU for having a sense of humor. I hope that video wasn't too traumatic. :p

Back in the 1970's, where I lived there was no cable TV and we only got one channel, a CBS affiliate. On Saturdays around 7 p.m., they would air "The Lawrence Welk Show", followed by "Hee-Haw". It's a miracle that after all of that trauma, I grew up to be a (seemingly) functioning member of society. o:)

Ahhhhh yes the good old days. I recall the 70s. I grew upo very poor but I think we 4 channels CBS, NBC, ABC PBS and I too turned out OK.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Those monitor 10's were the start of my rebirth into heavy audio acquisitioning that carries on over 15 years later. Fri. night and Sat. morning purchases were definitely an addition to my hoard. I bought a 200+CD collection that is amazing to me as to the great variety of quality artists I'm discovering in it. All CDs are like new. Yea, I still play CDs. Enjoy those Polks. The more Polks you aquire, the more music or movies you'll enjoy even more !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M wrote: »
    Those monitor 10's were the start of my rebirth into heavy audio acquisitioning that carries on over 15 years later. Fri. night and Sat. morning purchases were definitely an addition to my hoard. I bought a 200+CD collection that is amazing to me as to the great variety of quality artists I'm discovering in it. All CDs are like new. Yea, I still play CDs. Enjoy those Polks. The more Polks you aquire, the more music or movies you'll enjoy even more !

Thanks Tony M,

I have been eyeing some Monitor series, RTxx, RTxxi etc. etc. Its an addiction!!! LOL
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    PAS...for sure.
    Been there, done that, still doing it... :p:p:p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Well my addiction continues. My latest addition to the RT family are a set of RTi70 and a set of RT400. I also aquired a set of F/X500i, a set of M2, a CSi40, and a CS101. Tomorrow I have planned to acquire a few more Polks.
  • FestYboy
    You're starting to sound like me when I joined! Lol
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    You're starting to sound like me when I joined! Lol

LOL, I hope that is a good thing FestYboy.
  • FestYboy
    I donno, check out my "on a binge again" thread in the vintage Polk section and decide for yourself. ;)
  • ultrasoudproductions
    edited October 2017
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I donno, check out my "on a binge again" thread in the vintage Polk section and decide for yourself. ;)

Wowwwwwww! You sure got it bad my man. I hope to be like you and have lots of disposable money when I grow up. Well cant help myself. All I know is that today I went and grabbed a set of RT1000i and a CS400i. LOL
  • FestYboy
    Disposable money!?! Bwahahaha I wish. I'm usually broke as a joke my friend, I just can't help scouring Craigslist for the cheap ones :D
    Disposable money!?! Bwahahaha I wish. I'm usually broke as a joke my friend, I just can't help scouring Craigslist for the cheap ones :D

Well that makes two of us. Funds have been scarce lately but I cant pass up a great deal. I have been going into my rainy day funds. But we only live once and I dont waste my money on vices.
  • FestYboy
    This and Festivas are my vices... But I don't consider it a waste :)
    This and Festivas are my vices... But I don't consider it a waste :)

What is Festivas??? Do you mean festivals? LOL
  • FestYboy
    Nope, wiki Ford Festiva. The community I belong to because of them is literally world wide and just as awesome as this place.
  • Ahhhhhhhhhh OK, my apologies.
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    OK, the Polk addiction/vice you've got I can clearly understand and associate with. Many here are in agreement. The Festiva? Just not seeing the attraction there or the reason why.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • FestYboy
    It's something you have to experience to understand. Its more a state of mind than a car, it just happens that the car is usually the catalyst that gets you there. Literally, if you took this forum and replaced Polk speakers with the Festiva, you wouldn't know the difference. Except we're ALL cheap a$$s :p