Hi folks, not that yall care

Some of yooz seen my quasi dramatic post bout my fiancé. Well that's done. She would rather me throw away her 32 TV than let me have it or keep it herself. Dodged a bullet I think. What says yooz? Anyway We Were gonna try counseling on the 30th but that's off, done stick a fork in it.

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    But didn't you say you don't talk much to other folks... how is counselling going to work?...

I just hope it works out for the best, which ever way that is.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Kick er to the curb...then boff her best friend just for the principle of it....
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Who cares about a 32 inch TV? Aren't those like 20 bucks? I'm sorry to hear about the state of things, and i would encourage you to try counseling if she is still willing. Eff the tv; for me at least, love and companionship with another human being is worth a few (*a lot*) of compromises...

Best of luck to you whichever path you choose.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I should probably keep my opinions to myself with respect to this particular thread, but I will express them, obliquely.

https://youtu.be/XjCaWs93nCY

by which, all I mean to say is that the price of a mistake would increase exorbitantly upon an ill-advised marriage.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    When my female cousin first saw floor standers in my living room she said I needed to get rid of them. The reason is no woman wants big a-- speakers like that in the livingroom, or anywhere for that matter.

I told her the speakers were here first so they stay. If some woman doesn't like them she can leave either immediately or in the morning; her choice.

May not apply in your situation, but I care enough to pass on the thoughts of at least one female.

Don't ask me why: I quite trying to figure out women about 20 years ago.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    hmmmmm,

advice from someone who has been married for over 24 years...

All I can say is if you're not getting along now in 5 years she will be trying to take 1/2 of everything. Run son run.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Tell her to leave her toothbrush at home :)
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Wait a minute. In Maine its a toothbrush. Correct me if im wrong. Maybe where your at its teethbrush lol. We have BMW's here too. Big Maine Woman & man can they cook
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    edited October 2017
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Some of yooz seen my quasi dramatic post bout my fiancé. Well that's done. She would rather me throw away her 32 TV than let me have it or keep it herself. Dodged a bullet I think. What says yooz? Anyway We Were gonna try counseling on the 30th but that's off, done stick a fork in it.

Hang in there. Toss the TV out the winder. Good luck on the counceling. If you lived close id come over n have a beer n hire some stripers n have fun
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    mrloren wrote: »
    hmmmmm,

advice from someone who has been married for over 24 years...

All I can say is if you're not getting along now in 5 years she will be trying to take 1/2 of everything. Run son run.

I don't know about your state but pre marital property is not up for grabs in most states.

But i agree in principle
  • mrloren
    boston1450 wrote: »

Hang in there. Toss the TV out the winder. Good luck on the counceling. If you lived close id come over n have a beer n hire some stripers n have fun

I agree with the latter... just don't get stupid with the strippers. Toss the TV and say see ya.

I have a friend who knows just the place for you south of the border. You WILL come back with an ear to ear smile and have forgotten all about her... :)
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pitdogg2

mrloren wrote: »
    You WILL come back with an ear to ear smile and have forgotten all about her... :)
    Hey now I think a Columbian neck tie is a little harsh for Bruce.....
    What kind of friend are you....
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Once you are married....you have to learn to just let things go sometimes since it’s just not worth the discourse.
    But you’re not married yet, so...
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I'd say, marry her sister...or mother if your into that kind of thing.
    That way, she's out of your hair but you can still wreak havoc.

Never back down.....EVER! Your soul purpose in life has just been shown to you. Break her down mentally until there is nothing left.

Or don't do anything and move on. But where's the fun in that...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Well we did end up going to counseling. I am not sure it is worth the effort. I have had my share seriously bad stuff in my life generally regarding relationships. I have no contact with my thermonuclear family and my few friends are hundreds to thousands of miles away (I thinned out the local ones). There is no price too great to pay for peace. I don't understand anyone at this age that has an appetite for drama. It seems like this girl friend has no idea how to just let things be. I will try to be patient until the next session but this is no way to live. It has been relatively peaceful but waiting for the other shoe to drop is not really peace. I do have some peace because I truly don't give a crap about her drama, which generally yields better results than engaging. Most of the time I feel like I am dealing with a child, I am done raising kids.
  • pitdogg2
    Life is too short for that nonsense Bruce...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I was in your shoes not long ago, Bruce. Every day was a new drama to unfold......
    I tried to help her. But given her self centered personality, it was in vain.

I packed a bag one day and never looked back. That's one reason I took to this traveling job. It has let me be myself once again. I've met some great folks in my travels and not one regret. (except Ryan)
    Get back to you, buddy. You'll be better in the long run.
  • afterburnt
    DSkip wrote: »
    My wife and I are struggling and we have done counseling. The counseling doesn't seem to help as much as a local church's program - re|engage. I'm not religious and the class is directly taught from the Bible, but it is a good resource to have and includes activities and homework to do. This has given us more hope than anything else at this point and only cost $40 for the 3 month course.

You probably meant to post this on my other thread. But good luck, the bible has some good useful principahs whether you are religious or not. I would go to my old church for counseling but I haven't been there for a year. I don't feel right just coming back with a problem. But this is a good enough reason to go back the weekly service.
    Right thread lol
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    DSkip wrote: »
    My wife and I are struggling and we have done counseling. The counseling doesn't seem to help as much as a local church's program - re|engage. I'm not religious and the class is directly taught from the Bible, but it is a good resource to have and includes activities and homework to do. This has given us more hope than anything else at this point and only cost $40 for the 3 month course.

You probably meant to post this on my other thread. But good luck, the bible has some good useful principahs whether you are religious or not. I would go to my old church for counseling but I haven't been there for a year. I don't feel right just coming back with a problem. But this is a good enough reason to go back the weekly service.
    Right thread lol

Why not, man? If it's a good church they want you back, they want to help, they want to see you flourish. Everyone needs a community, why not give em another shot?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Sorry for the drama.

Got a loved one going thru something right now.

Hang tough, your a polkie and polkies never give up!!

Woo Hoo, might through on some Maiden, since it was sort of suggested B)
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Something I heard once....You see a smiling woman and a frowning man..she's got a ring in his nose and a ring on her hand....not true in all applications..but I do dig that song....
  • mrloren
    There up's and down's in every relationship. Trick is trying to figure out how to deal with the down's. There is NO clear answer to that.

There are times I just want to pack it up and go to Bellingham. I'm still here, I'm not walking away just because there is a low spot.

Relationships take two to make it work. If only one is trying and the other is along for the ride then it's over. If both try and be honest with each other it will either work or be left at just friends.
  • afterburnt
    Well we did a couple of counseling sessions to no avail. Everything collapsed the other night prompted by my joking about nueticles and ball walking. I had to quit on that alone. I hope to have her moved out by the weekend. If I don’t post a progress report I may be dead or something.