My ebay score !!!

Picked up an early Japan pressing of The Beatles Collection. EAS-50031-44 '' The Blue Box ''
Got it for $255. Still smiling ear to ear over this one. Still in original plastic from the store. Plastic is a bit weathered, but from 1979 I would be surprised if it wasn't. The box is like new, Not a rip, tear or shelf wear. All inserts and OBI like new. Vinyl is new and sounds absolutely stunning. Not a tic or pop on the whole set. Yaeh, I played them all.
Call me one happy camper over this one. Cheers

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Nice. Congrats !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Sweet grab!!! Break out the DAC and convert them so you only break out the vinyl for special occasions.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    That is awesome. I would really enjoy getting my hands on that set.

I have researched the Mofi set. But when you find them unopened they are really expensive.

If I had the set I would play them and not worry about it.

Congrats on the great score.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Nice work Chumlie!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Way to go Chumlie!
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    Nice Chumlie
    g1xuqmny5bqo.giflcl4elf6ixn1.gifbywsgnjyds6f.gif
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    I was gonna say I listen to all my records. Why buy them otherwise. I stand corrected. Just picked up another Beatles vinyl box.'' Beatles Deluxe Box Set 1988 Capitol BBX1-01302 '' The one with the black finished oak box with roll-up opening. Records are all still sealed. Couldn't let it pass. This one I won't open. Not a doubt in my mind someone is gonna be happy when my kids off it when I'm gone. :)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    one simply cannot have too much Beatles (too many Beatles?)...
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    one simply cannot have too much Beatles (too many Beatles?)...

A copious compendium of Coleoptera?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    I gotta be the only person on the planet who hates The Beatles - they give me the friggin creeps - but I can appreciate a great acquisition like this - Fantastic! What a deal on a great collection.

Glad to read you're actually gonna listen to them!
    Gotta love the quality of older vinyl.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Cool!!! Congrats my friend. How is it working now? I guess it is extremely perfect.