traded for Ohm L

I saw these on C/L and just so happens the seller was the dude I got my long gone EPI100v. I proposed a trade of my EPI M201 floor standers which while sounding great were to big for my living room. He loves EPI and will spruce them up and flip those. The Ls are from 1978 and were re foamed. I did notice that a new dust cap was also applied which did not have the Ohm logo on it. I pulled the drivers to make sure that they at least were original and they are. The 8'' driver has the biggest magnet motor I had ever seen. I called Ohm to get dust covers w/ their logo and they said they do not send out just dust covers and they would need the entire driver for that. No dice. Sound is fantastic and for a book ender easily fills my living room.So I still did not buy another set. Anyone here into Ohm speakers ??h9kkh8qfmzpk.jpg
23zzcd5rsi8f.jpg
5voak8kgsuyp.jpg
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Nice.
    I owned some BEAUTIFUL OHM WALSH 2's . Got them from Good Will 15 years ago for about 24.00 pr. . The sound from them was AMAZING . Plenty of bass and the mids and highs were floating in a area all around the speakers as if the speakers weren't there. Vocals were dead center floating a foot above the height of the speakers. The speakers had metal tags with OHME on a certain top corner. Left corner or right. I believe the labels had to be on the outer sides facing frontward of course. Some of the best sounding speakers I have ever owned next to the SDA-SRS2's.

Don't let the small size of the OHM WALSH 2's fool you. They will play loud and clear.

Check out the recommended sq. ft. these will fill with great sound.

http://ohmspeaker.com/legacy-products/2/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Thanks Tony. I do know all about the Ohm/Walsh series and for my living room which is 18'x15' I would do well w/ 2xo. Those and Vandersteen 3a Sigs are my dream speakers that would fit but I would have clear out just about all my other vintage sets including my heavily modded '87 2Bs which will not sell quickly unless I took a real bad hit for what I put into them....Lew
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I feel for you about space limitations on how much stereo stuff one can accumulate.

I read a lot about OHM speakers after I got mine and would LOVE to hear a set of the OHM 2xo's . It's like having a set of SDA-SRS2's and thinking you need a set of the bigger 1.2's for the bigger space.

I guess the volume one wants to play them at matters a lot.

Can you imagine the BIG OHM F speakers with those 10" (?) speaker devices, volume output ? I think I read they can fill a big church or auditorium with satisfactory volumes.. NICE.

I've yet to hear a bookshelf OHM but from what you have described, I'll try to NEVER pass up an opportunity to buy a set or trade like you did.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.