Whole 30

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
So I have been stuck lately. I have been eating good, working out and getting no where lately.
I learned about the whole 30 which is not a diet but a reset on your body. Cleaning up your eating for 30 days and really figuring out some things.
I started today and giving up so many things is going to be really tuff but I think I need this in my life, I'm ready for it I think
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Be diligent, and good luck
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    First step: Eat a WHOLE 30 hot dogs.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Good luck, from one Dan to another
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    Options
    Thanks guys
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    What I have learned so far doing the Whole 30 and deciding on a few things.

The Whole 30 is a good way to reset yourself. It takes 30 days of a strict diet.
    You basically cut out all the crap and eat only clean healthy foods to put it short.

I've been doing it for 13 days now and I feel so much different. My should for instance use to hurt and ache. It actually hinders me from lifting my max weight due to the pain I would go through. Now my shoulder feels better and I can put weight on it without pain. Very cool stuff.
    I'm sleeping better. I use to get up at least once or twice to use the bathroom Now I sleep all night long.
    I would occasionally get acid reflux which made me feel like I was gonna puke and that has been gone since day 1.
    My Energy is up a notch as I don't feel like I got hit by a truck when I wake up or got to bed.
    What is even better is going to the bathroom. Wiping is a breeze, basically 1 wipe or maybe 2 and I'm already clean as a whistle LOL.

I strongly suggest anyone with any life issues to give the Whole 30 a try. Maybe it's not for you on some levels but if you can do some of those things in your daily life you could be living so much better. It's amazing how much we put on food to bring us lives pleasures but in reality they are the very things causing most of your health issues.

Pain sucks and when you become free of it you don't want to go back to your old routines.
    Dan
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I find it absolutely fascinating how fresh foods help the body. Once you start to eat healthy, your body learns to crave healthy foods. I’m still a big advocate of a cheat day to help curb those cravings though. I find if someone hits a plateau, it’s very likely diet. I challenge anyone to try to eat whole fresh foods for one week (no canned or boxed anything), and see how you feel.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Good for you Dan, like I always say.....it's the food.

Quality food is not really abundant or accessible to many folks. Everything in the grocery store that's in a box/bag/or can is pretty much garbage. As you get older, eat more plant based material than red meat, throw in some fruits and veggies. Gotta keep those arteries clean, gut flora blossoming.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mantis
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I find it absolutely fascinating how fresh foods help the body. Once you start to eat healthy, your body learns to crave healthy foods. I’m still a big advocate of a cheat day to help curb those cravings though. I find if someone hits a plateau, it’s very likely diet. I challenge anyone to try to eat whole fresh foods for one week (no canned or boxed anything), and see how you feel.
    it's pretty amazing how food can make you feel great or slowly take you out.
    It's not easy by no means especially when your use to eating every wrong all your life.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Good for you Dan, like I always say.....it's the food.

Quality food is not really abundant or accessible to many folks. Everything in the grocery store that's in a box/bag/or can is pretty much garbage. As you get older, eat more plant based material than red meat, throw in some fruits and veggies. Gotta keep those arteries clean, gut flora blossoming.
    Even when you think your eating right, your probably not. I honestly think Dairy and Sugar are the worse things you can eat.
    Dan
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    You have basically found that your previous diet was causing inflammation throughout your tissues. Processed foods are the worst offenders. The preservatives that we use to keep our food "fresh" is killing any nutrient value in that food.

Good luck and keep us posted. It might be an incentive for a few more of us to try.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    What is even better is going to the bathroom. Wiping is a breeze, basically 1 wipe or maybe 2 and I'm already clean as a whistle LOL.

Maybe just a bit of TMI Dan...