FXIA4/A6

Options
Hello,
New Polk owner here. I bought the S60, S35, S20 for a 5.2 theater system a few months ago and I'm in love. They're great speakers, especially in the price range. In fact, the S60s are so good that I'm considering moving the towers out of the basement theater and into the strictly audio Living Room. I plan to use the S20s and S35 as my LCR in the theater, but I need surrounds. I like the idea of diopoles, so I'm looking at the FXIA4. Should I be looking at anything else or are these the speakers I want?

The room is a little awkward. The screen is on a short 12' wall, but the room is about 50' deep. It's like a blowing alley. There are two couches, back one set on a riser. Front couch is about 10' from the screen. Back couch is about 16'. Any help or advise is appreciated.

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    The RTI A line and Signature lines have a different sound. Unless you listen to a lot of multi-channel music, it shouldn't be an issue.

Personally using LSIM as front three, FXI A6's for surrounds, and the rears/front heights RTI A's. Sounds great, but like everything, that's a personal opinion.

Welcome to Club Polk.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    I personally have never been bothered by missmatched surrounds. But I also do not listen to hardly any multi channel music. I have also heard gamers complain about surrounds not matching. For tv and the occasional Blu-ray I do not notice...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mattofatto
    Options
    That's helpful. I don't listen to any multi channel music, but I do a lot of gaming. If I have the choice, I'd like to find something that matches or is close. Are there any polk surrounds that match the S series? I guess they don't have to be dipoles, but I will have to put them on-wall... I could go in-wall if I need to, but rather not. If not polk, anything else that might be close?
  • mattofatto
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't know the S10 and 15 are wall-mountable. The S20 definitely isn't, at least not without some kind of bracket/shelf.

If the 10, 15 and 30 are mountable, do you have any thoughts about putting them into a recessed wall cubby/shelf to make them pseudo in-wall speakers? I thought about it with the S20s too, but not sure how that will affect the sound since the port is on the back. Thanks for the ideas.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I like the idea of the S30 mounted vertically. A cheaper option would be the S10 or S15. Both have keyhole mounts to allow wall-hanging.

Great idea.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music