Legacy Focus 20/20 and Butler 2250 amp

Having taking note of Rick 88's troubles, and seeing I'm pretty much in the same boat, I should really sell some stuff to catch up on the bills that keep rolling in from Hospital/doctors.

So...I always said the Legacy Focus 20/20's were never leaving.....certainly not because of sound quality, but times change and life throws ya curve balls and I could use the coinage to pay down some bills I'll rate them and 8/10, one small scratch at the bottom of one speaker not noticeable unless your right on top of it. Clean, no other scratches, no water marks, taken care of since day one. Have original boxes too. You'd be hard pressed to get more speaker for the coin. Reviews are everywhere, put your google fingers to work. Grills are pristine also. Ribbon mahogany....which was like a 500 buck extra at the time. Like to get 1800 for them, pretty firm on that.

Butler 2250 amp, a hybrid design with 6sn7gt's in it, not rollable as they are soldered in, should last a lifetime though because of the design. Also pristine, no big scratches and clean faceplate. Quiet as a church mouse, 250 watts per at 8 ohm, 400 at 4. Also many reviews and 6 moons has a nice one more in depth. Like to get 1100 for the amp, was over 3g's new. Might have original box, not sure yet.

Don't want to ship either, so local Chicago dudes. I'll drive up to 2 hours though or meet someone half way. Pics will be forthcoming.

....AND BEFORE YOU ASK, NO, I'm not selling the dac, cables or Joule pre....man can not live on bread alone. ;) Buy them both together, and I'll give a Polkie a price of 2600, you will not beat that for these speakers and that amp anywhere, seriously. Plus they go together well. Questions are welcome, putz's aren't, I have no problems with demo's if one should want one. I'll throw up pics asap.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Tony..... can I trade you a kidney and partial liver for the combo?

Somebody or Somebodies are getting quite a deal....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Sales for these reasons are a bummer . . .
    Based on your past comments, I might be "innarested" in the Butler. How far are you from 46540
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Have heard Bulter amps and that is a fantastic sweet sounding piece with tons of power....this shouldn't last long....very nice
    out of driving range for me but those speakers are no slouch either...
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    This FS thread actually startled me a bit Tony. Hope things are going well, and will end up well. Those speakers and amp look unbelievable and if I hadn't just bought my GoldenEars they would be hard to pass up for sure.

Hopefully, you are leaving yourself with at least something good to dance to the songs of life with!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Let me add that I'm also sad to hear that you're going through these issues.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Sorry for the medical issues rearing it's ugly head on you.

GLWTS & get better!!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    You are a heckofagoodfella Tony. I hope things start looking up for you again very soon.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Man.... as a fellow 20/20 owner, I feel your pain. I sincerely hope things turn you way soon brother. You and about 2 other people are the only reason I stuck it out here a while back (Glad I did, BTW!)

I'm also glad you are not willing to ship the Butler, or you would have boxed it up by now, and sent it to SLC... :wink:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    bummer man. Hope all is well, I've lusted after the 20/20's for years. I hope you have some back up gear in a closet to tie you over.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    ehheibj73rwv.jpg
    i6xica1s9rmd.jpg
    mfu89g42v1db.jpg
    iqkd746ccs3l.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited October 2017
    Camera on the phone isn't all that great and lighting is somewhat dim. Amp pic shows shadows on the front, it is clean and clear. 3rd pic I tried to get a close up of the one and only scratch, like I said, not noticeable unless your ontop of it. That's a piece of dog hair on the right of the scratch that wanted 10 seconds of fame. Didn't pull the amp out of the rack, I'm still using it and it's a pain in the arse to move it out and back in.

You'd be hard pressed to find these speakers in this condition, at this price, never abused. They are sitting with the factory spikes on them. I've personally never found their limits, they play clean and clear no matter how hard you push them. Feed them good power with decent cables and upstream electronics and you'll be rewarded. They play any genre of music well and would be tough to beat as a HT speaker too. Those with one system handling both HT/music, this is the speaker for you. Probably should have taken a pic of the back too, there's another 12 in. passive in the back for a total of 3-12 in. woofers. Yeah, they can pump it out.

Also, for sheets and giggles, I don't do paypal, cash is preferred, check if I know you.
    Post edited by tonyb on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Good luck with your health. Awesome speakers at a no brainer price. These would definitely be some end gamers for me. GLWTS. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Good luck Tony. Damn there is a lot of nice stuff for sale on the forum right now!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    If you were closer... Those speakers....

I hope you get those bills off your back.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    If I had ca$h to spare, I'd love to give these a spin. @schwarcw has a pair of these IIRC.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Sorry to hear about this Tony. Good luck with the sale and hope things start to get better for you.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Sorry to hear this Tony, You and the Legacy & Butlers have been a cool pairing brother! Like a nicely age wine and some bread sticks.

We do what we have to do like Rick! but it still sucks
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    hurts me to hear it - I hope all turns out well. These have been on my list for a long time, but funds, location, & space to breathe them just aren't in the cards. I wish they were, I'm sure these are flawless and that's a fantastic deal!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited October 2017
    If there was a way to get the speakers to CO... I would love to have them and give them a shot..
  • kharp1
    Only about 15 hours out I-80...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited October 2017
    Lotta bada bing for the payola here guys, less than a $6.00lb for the speakers

Best wishes for you and the misses Tony
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Lotta bada bing for the payola here guys, less than a $6.00lb for the speakers

Best wishes for you and the misses Tony

You can't even buy good beef for that price.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    For you Tony....$266....
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    This sucks, Sorry to hear Tony. Hope all works out for you.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    I'm kinda surprised no takers on both at the combined price. Figured I priced it low enough to move fairly quick. Kerry has interest in the amp right now. Was hoping for the speaks to sell first, because without the amp it would be hard to demo the speaks for someone.

Also if the speaks don't sell and I move the amp, can't listen to them myself and they'll just be collecting dust.

Thanks for the well wishes gents, just one of those things in the roller coaster of life. One day your up, then down, then up again.....you know how it goes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @kharp1: If you end up buying the amp, but would like some help carting it back to KY, I will be in Chicago on Oct 21st if it would help for me to mule the amp from Chicago to Indy for you Kerry.

Assuming @TonyB is ok with that.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I'm sorry you have to sell your gear Tony, I hope all will be well again soon.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Man... these are outta my league, but more importantly, all the best to you Tony. Hopefully you can get the "downs" in life behind you and continue on the up and up!