Pretty nice score this morning

Got a pair of RT600's, a CS400i, a pair of R10 bookshelves with Vantage Point stands and X-10 Powermid wireless transmitters, about 40 feet of twisted pair wire (brand unknow), a small Monster speaker selector and the big bonus a Def Tech PF15TL+ sub.

Good condition for the most part. A broken grill on one of the bookies and scratches here and there.

Not sure what I will do with some of this stuff but at $100, I couldn't pass it up.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    ^^^ look who's talking! :D

Nice, Jim!
    What're you plans? Testing that sub against your others?
    I disabled signatures.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    nice score they are getting harder to find
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    msg wrote: »
    ^^^ look who's talking! :D

Nice, Jim!
    What're you plans? Testing that sub against your others?

Yeah, I saw mixed reviews on it, but it's almost certainly head and shoulders above the Yamaha that I am using now. With the RT1000's though, it's kind of overkill for bass, so I am going to use the RT600's in the HT until I can find some more RT800's. Never should have sold those speakers.
  • Jimbo18
    edited October 2017
    He hasn't taken the ad down as of this morning. I have to think he's getting bugged a lot so it seems odd not to remove it.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/d/bunch-of-high-end-speakers/6336833494.html

I checked out the Powermid and it's not what I thought it was. He had them on top of the bookies so I thought they were wireless remotes for the rear speakers. They are actually an IR transmitter and receiver for a remote. Don't really have a use for them so maybe a karma if there's any interest.
    Post edited by Jimbo18 on
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    NICE !!!!!!
    I was able to see the ad. I would've been all over it too. The center is worth the 100.00.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Jimbo18
    Tony M wrote: »
    NICE !!!!!!
    I was able to see the ad. I would've been all over it too. The center is worth the 100.00.

I sold a friend a CS400i very cheaply (along with the RT800i's that I regret selling) and it recently "blew" on him. His words not mine, I haven't checked it out yet. Might have to donate this one to him and take the other back for parts.
  • Jimbo18
    Well, I got my RT800i's back. I think it worked out well for both of us. I gave my friend a pair of RT600i's and a CS400i in order to get my RT800i's back from him.

I sold the RT1000p's already for my investment of $100, so all the rest of the speakers were free. I really missed the 800's.

I think that one of the mid-drivers in his CS400 were fried. You couldn't hear it all the time, but there was a "sizzle" to it during certain sounds. I pushed lightly on the drivers and the left one seems to grab a littl bit. Not something I have experience with but I think it is just one of the drivers bad.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Let that be a lesson to you!!!
    NEVER! do that again. I mean jeez, man, even *I* was having seller's remorse!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jimbo18
    LOL Scott, yeah, I was kicking stones for a couple months.
  • Jimbo18
    I hooked up the RT800i's and added the Def Tech PF15TL+ sub. Wow, what a difference over the rather small 180 watt Yamaha sub.

From what I have read, this sub doesn't dig deep enough for some, especially considering it's a 15" driver with 500 watts, but it sure takes my little HT system to a different level.

Still have some tweaking to do but it definitely adds a new dimension to a movie. Might not be ideal for music but that system is hardly ever used for that.