RTi A9 and harsh sibilance

Options
2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I met Ray Kimber briefly at RMAF. He was passing out records for those with vinyl rigs. Unfortunately I don't do vinyl so I missed out on his gift.

Too bad he wasn't passing out cables.....
  • Akedon
    Akedon Posts: 24
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'm glad you have improved your sound. You stuck with it and listened to advice and your determination to better the sound paid off. Speaker wires do change the sound of speakers, I have heard a big difference here in the man cave.
    I think having to turn volume up 60% to 70% is a lot but I did have a (still have it but it's on a shelf unused now) Rotel pre installed in my main system and I also had to turn the volume knob up to 50% to get a listenable volume that I liked. I even had to turn it up to 1:00 or a little more to rock out on my SDA-SRS2"s. I even had a Bob Carver Sunfire 600x2 amp for the power. I wonder if Rotel Pre-amps are mismatched with a lot of other brands.

Looks like Rotel preamp changes volume disproportionately to % volume. More % in volume - more db preamp adds with each 1%. Because before 50% music plays too silent even for relax listening.
    With my previous Yamaha receiver i'm was listening to music with 70%.
    Rotel preamp have 6x more sensitivity and I'm playing 67-70%. Not really big difference in %.