Daughters house.

Finally done with the remodel and she is in along with her cat who has the personality of a seedless grape.

Got her a little 2 channel system that she likes, all is good.

This winter's project is a HT system for the basement, got about 700 Sq to work with.

The basement project I will enjoy, the above grade crap/remodeling I just went through, NOT so much.... :s

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Good job dad!!

Nice you got the crap stuff done, and the fun stuff to come. :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    It's been forever!!!

Ran a few items over that Mom forgot to take earlier and she was just a jamming away to some tunes. Brought a tear to my eye... B)
  • oldrocker
    Plan on a 5 channel, small projector and some seating for her and her friends to do the gaming thing and some movies.

Also, didn't mean to offend anyone about the cat comment.

He's much better now as he thinks he rules the place!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited October 2017
    I can recommend the Energy RC-10 bookshelf speakers paired to the Energy RC-LCR in the flea market for a seamless front end. Surround speakers would be your choice, you could probably snag some smaller Energy speakers. As for a sub, that will make all the difference. SVS, HSU, Rythmik. Many choices (the bigger the better). You'll likely end up setting the mains to small and crossing them over at 60 or 80 Hz so these Energy speakers would be perfect! Good luck with the project!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    oldrocker wrote: »

Cats are the spawn of Satan.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    decal wrote: »

I'd concur -- and, mind you, we have one (and, until recently, two... and for a short but tumultuous time some years back, three).

:/

35904589074_a9278d1dcd_b.jpgsofa king cat 2 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited October 2017
    Plan on a 5 channel, small projector and some seating for her and her friends to do the gaming thing and some movies.

As mentioned by Halo those Energy speakers he has (RC-10's and LCR) paired with the stands he has, would make for a VERY NICE front 3...

Then talk to me about a DIY sub with flatpack, since you "could" let her use your Crown XLS2500 and she'd have a KICK BUTT system...

We could find some basic surrounds if needed too....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    You are an awesome dad, Dave!
  • oldrocker
    Good advise. Thanks all.

Thanks to my nephew, I got the mess in the garage from all the upstairs remodeling gone and then some drywall taken to the basement.

She has a friend who's an electrician with a local company that did some prep work for a couple of the planned outlets. House had an electric stove with a 30 amp line, switched the stone to gas so now we have the wiring and breaker for at least one 30 amp dedicated outlet.

Still have some HVAC issues with the duct work, I'm 6' 6", she's only 5' 6" and it wouldn't be an issue but when I'm down there, I'm always knocking my damn head :s

It's such a blank slate to work with and truth is, this is probably for me more B) than her :D
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Basement ductwork finished, moved a gas line.

More drywall, 2X4's taken down the steps and then that awful bucket of DW mud.

I really HATE mudding... :s

I sure your mom hated it when you mudded as a kid also :p but boy was it more FUN !!

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited October 2017
    Basement ductwork finished, moved a gas line.

More drywall, 2X4's taken down the steps and then that awful bucket of DW mud.

I really HATE mudding... :s

I was dropping more mud on the floor than the joints and nail dents before I got good at it. The more I did, the less that fell off my spatula or spreader. I also learned some tricks from "professional Mudder's" along the way. That was before the internet also..

When you "KNOW" the tricks of any trade, you've got it 3/4 licked. It's just practice , practice , practice after that. Also the DESIRE to learn that skill HAS to be inherit to mastering that trade or skill.

I love mudding AND painting. 2 of the most HATED trades out in the construction world behind block and brick laying and roofing. I even love roofing up to an 8/12 pitch. Then my concern for my life kicks in..LOL.

I ALSO HATED carrying those FR***IN heavy buckets of MUD like you did. Every bucket in succession that I would carry onto a job would be one step closer to me having a FR***IN heart attach. And that's no lie. Those buckets will make a man out of you or kill you. It depends on the strength of your HEART muscles. I would almost always want to carry 2 buckets at a time for BALANCE.

Years ago...I had a driver under my supervision leave with about 60 buckets for an apartment complex that was supposed to unload them ( they were on pallets ) at the jobsite with a forklift.
    An hour + later that driver came back " ALMOST DEAD" . No kidding. He was at deaths door. I asked what happened. He said there was NO FORKLIFT ....AND ....NO HELP to unload them. He had to carry them into some ground floor apartment. That's after taking them down off of a truck bed the height of our upper chest. He said he didn't want to bother me or seem like a wimp and bring them back to the store. That happened way before cell phones were invented and pagers were just getting started to be used for paging and emergency contacting. He was a GREAT GUY but his "get the job done no matter what" mentality, ( like my own ) almost killed him as it has almost done to me on many occasions.
    I'll never !!! forget the complete exhaustion that mans' physique presented when he returned. Thank GOD he was a healthy young man ! Thank GOD that was the last delivery for that day also. I surely would've taken over and let him go home if there were more deliveries to do.

Sorry for the rant.
    But Buckets of mud brings back a lot of hardship memories from my past !
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • oldrocker
    Yep buckets of mud, no fun.

It ain't that bad, just time consuming but will be worth it when she says Thanks Dad <3
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Old Rocker I'm in the camp of Decal and doc Hardy. I don't care how docile you think your cat is. At night they go a hunting and on the way need to stretch and scratch and that would be speakers. The mantra of no cats, kids, candles, live water plants still needs to be followed if you want your/her gear to be in the same shape it arrived in. Good luck anyway. Oh I have no such hesitation to say I dislike cats to begin with. Saying that I do like to look at the big ones tigers, cougars, jaguars, pumas, cheetas and the like.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    decal wrote: »

I love mine but she has torn the surrounds on 2 MW6503s and 2 MW6511s. All original models :'(
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I'm a cat person through and through, but that's a dead cat, Cody....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    ^^^^ Effin' yummy!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    ^^^ He doesn't even care. HAHAHAHAHA
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    It's been forever!!!
    Life is good.... yep it is!!
    Ran a few items over that Mom forgot to take earlier and she was just a jamming away to some tunes. Brought a tear to my eye... B)

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • oldrocker
    Putting in whole house water filter and a softener.

For the other issue, mr kitty seems to be in a better mood lately, actually tried to sit down next to me like were long lost buddies, creeped me out......
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    That's not a bad thing. You know you're in good when you get a head bump. Just be patient.
  • oldrocker
    lightman1 wrote: »
    cougars
    l8l82916j0s9.jpg

Youser!!!

Should have mentioned Mr Kitty sooner.

Framing starts tomorrow..

• oldrocker
    Not much progress.. Taking a break.

Did get an unusual call from her last night.

Apparently, a squirrel found his way into the attic area, which then caused my good friend Mr. Kitty to go off the deep end.

Jeez Oh Pete.......
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    edited November 2017
    Put the cat in the attic problem solved.

I had a cat once I could walk on a leash like a dog. He also climbed trees like a champ. I would get a squirrel chattering at me outside go in and get Sam. Take Sam outside show him the squirrel put him down on the ground and BAM up the tree he went like a rocket. It got so when the Squirrels would see me bring him out the flat out scampered tree to tree got the heck out of dodge.

God I miss that CAT.... He could sky from tree to tree like any squirrel and as soon as I called his name came right back like a dog.
  • oldrocker
    Cool, our old dog Mugsy was like that, if any other animal got if "her" fenced back yard, they were fair game.

Daughters cat is not quite that brave. He does have a great talent for sleeping and eating..

Found a small opening under the overhang, appears the squirrel crisis has passed.

Got some homemade chicken soup for my efforts... :)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited November 2017

I was offended by the apparent slam against seedless grapes. Not really, but I love them. But you seemed to be a bit negative toward the cat.

So, did you mean that her cat has a good or bad personality?

Irony is a very tricky thing, as are metaphors! :)

Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    Our cats are simultaneously boring, lacking in personality, full of personality,weird, cute, annoying but always lovable.

Minnie (50% charged, referencing another thread)

hlvs96vpmjrg.jpg

Libby

qhym0odwlbee.jpg