I saw this car the other day unlike anything on the road

Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,009
Coming home from a yard sale. I was stopped at a light about 10 cars back. The light turned green and before I could move, this transformer looking thing was doing about 60 mph as it passed me. I told my wife to look at it but it was long gone behind us. I tried looking for the thing on the internet but found nothing. Tonight , I was channel surfing and saw " How it's made" was on. Well I didn't recognize the tittle " KTM Crossbow " so I thought I'd check it out. It looked like it at first but the thing was to short. Then they put this long nose on it...That was it !!!
I told my wife to come look at what I saw and she said it looked like a go-cart. It does in a way but a HUGE go-cart. I looks like a transformer vehicle for sure. The guy driving was slung back in the seat and he was HAULING butt. I want one. I'm going to post a web page for it. I don't know the cost yet, but I know I can't afford one with insurance at my age.
Check it out...Coming to a city near you !!!
http://www.ktm.com/x-bow/
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• Tony M
    Found the cost and I was right. I definitely can't afford one.:-(

KTM X-Bow is an ultra-light sports car manufactured by KTM in collaboration with Kiska Design, Audi, and Dallara which is currently priced for $80,000 – $120,000 depending on features and engines.
    KTM X-Bow price and photo gallery - Net worth
    www.getnetworth.com/ktm-x-bow-price-and-photo-gallery/

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Cool B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    "Wir verwenden eigene Cookies und Drittanbieter-Cookies, um deine Benutzererfahrung und unseren Service zu verbessern."

Mmmmmm....cookies.....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Did someone say, cookies!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    F1nut wrote: »
    Did someone say, cookies!?!

Yah, mit beeg shocklit sheeps in zem! :p
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    Way cool... I want...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Basically, it's a four wheel motorcycle. Good for tooling around on a sunny day. Not sure what they cost, but if too high then they will sell a few, and then go out of business.

Reminds me a bit of the old dune buggy on a VW Beetle chassis.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Get one of these... One less wheel, but only $20k-$30k.
    http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2017
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Basically, it's a four wheel motorcycle. Good for tooling around on a sunny day. Not sure what they cost, but if too high then they will sell a few, and then go out of business.

Reminds me a bit of the old dune buggy on a VW Beetle chassis.

Right, KTM is a motorcycle manufacturer that has been around a long time. Doubt you will ever see them go out of business.

Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Butt Fugly, just my opinion.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited October 2017
    decal wrote: »
    Butt Fugly, just my opinion.
    Indeed.
    It looks like a dehydrated Corvette
    -- to (liberally) paraphrase Road & Track's description of a Subaru 360*...

jdi8tke917u5.png
  • KTM makes touring bikes that rival BMW for the best Euro machines. I'm sure that they can put together a sweet high performance sports car, but I want my sports cars to have windshields and at least a few luxury features.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Made me think...wish they would bring that old Beatle style back. Help! Hard Days Night!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Tony M
    KTM makes touring bikes that rival BMW for the best Euro machines. I'm sure that they can put together a sweet high performance sports car, but I want my sports cars to have windshields and at least a few luxury features.

KTM's come with windshields or maybe it's an option. The one I saw go by me even had the roof on it. It was COOL and FAST.
  • Windshield and soft top are available from KTM.

Although the X-Bow is well engineered and built, other established competitors like the Arial Atom, Caterham 7 (except the low powered entry model), all current Lotus models, BAC Mono, and more are faster around a track.
  • Tony M
    ^^^^Cool.
    I saw a how it's made episode on the Caterham 7. Very well made sports car for sure !IT WAS FAST and yes, I'd like one of those in my 10 car garage one day.. :o
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    ru1c7a7rvtnv.jpg

UMMMM NO!
    Bet that has the aerodynamics of a brick wall.

• Tony M
    ru1c7a7rvtnv.jpg

Does the Devil drive that ?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Tony M wrote: »
    ru1c7a7rvtnv.jpg

Does the Devil drive that ?

And wears Prada
  • Viking64
    If you drank champagne out of that shoe, you would be comatose. :p
  • Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^Cool.
    I saw a how it's made episode on the Caterham 7. Very well made sports car for sure !IT WAS FAST and yes, I'd like one of those in my 10 car garage one day.. :o

There's an episode of How it's Made for the KTM too.

Something that's pretty impressive about the Caterham is it's a Lotus design from 1958.