Polk Audio Magnifi-No Power

Hi,

Let me start my stating that i have been a Polk audio fan for a while now.Started out with Polk audio products for my car entertainment setup, and have been blown away with the quality and clarity of your products ever since.

I am located in Pakistan where Polk Audio stuff is pretty hard to come buy. When it was time to upgrade our living room sound setup, i really wanted to try something from Polk Audio, and found a way to get my hands on a Polk audio Magnifi X soundbar setup.

The product was ordered off Amazon by an acquaintance and my father hand carried the setup from the United States to Pakistan. The unit was a refurbished setup as stated on Amazon. This product was shipped in July 2017. The Serial Number on the Soundbar is AM811187714

All was well for a couple of months when all of a sudden around 2 weeks back, there is no power to the soundbar unit. The power adapter for the soundbar checks out ok, so does the subwoofer. I suspect its a issue with the Power IC but that is just a hunch.

Now , i am left with a dead soundbar staring at me :( And i am left wondering what to do next.I am not aware of the replacement warranty process and how does that work, so would need guidance on that.

I contacted Polk CS email , and after a week the only reply i got was that who was it shipped by on amazon, and that Polk Dealers don't sell refurbished on Amazon. Great info, but doesnt help my cause

Also, i haven't found any support setup for Polk Audio in Pakistan (If there is any can you please pass me that info) .

Btw, my brother is located in Atlanta Georgia, so i have a location/address which can be used for replacements deliveries etc.

Any help on this would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,712
    It's Sunday here and Polk is closed. Hopefully you'll get a response tomorrow.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'll forward this to my friend at Polk.
    Regards, Ken
  • I have a Polk audio magnifi soundbar and 7 inch subwoofer. I have had it for a few years now but listen to it rarely because I work all the time. My wife and kids use it to Bluetooth music off their phones to the system. My wife had told me about 6 weeks ago that she went to turn it on and noticed that there was no lights on the front of the soundbar but, the subwoofer still had a green light on it but, it was flashing. She unplugged it and left it unplugged for a few minutes and then plugged it back up and it worked. Well I got a turntable and was going to connect the soundbar and subwoofer to it. I moved it to where I was going to have the turntable and plugged it up and had no lights on soundbar. Unplugged it and plugged it back up and still the same thing. Green light on subwoofer but, blinking. No light on soundbar. Please help and thank you for your help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    The best thing to do is contact Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and they'll help.