Polk vs Def Tech

Do these two share the same engineering and design team?

I don't think so, and I need to settle an argument.
2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    They work under the same roof, so I'd be shocked if they didn't share.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thanks nut.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited October 2017
    Yes they do share, been to the Vista facility on a tour. nice place to visit, was like a kid in a candy store for over an hour just awe struck...

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175918/who-went-to-polk#latest
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    I wonder what exactly is shared, because looking at them I can't name it.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    nguyendot wrote: »
    I wonder what exactly is shared, because looking at them I can't name it.

Most likely the bathroom
  • Good morning all,

I can clear some things up. Polk and DT are different brands but not different companies. As far as design goes we do have separate designers and engineers for both brands. They do collaborate on projects together but usually Polk designers stick to Polk products and DT designers handle DT products.

But me, I handle both Polk and Definitive as well as Denon, Marantz and HEOS.

Our online and marketing teams handle both Polk and DT. Same as inside sales.

We are the same company so we do share everything.
  • I absolutely know that Ken! I'm looking at upgrading my PM5005 as we speak.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Going for the PM10?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I absolutely know that Ken! I'm looking at upgrading my PM5005 as we speak.

Should be good, as long as you don't need their Customer Service...

:/