Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Not a Cincy fan, but I think Dalton is getting a little more time and is still a decent QB. Green is going to get a ton of targets and the Cincy D is going to make the Browns rookie QB look bad.

Cincy 27 Browns 13

I like it!!

I didn't nail the score, apparently gave the Brownies too much credit :)

Pretty close! Care to pick the Bills game? :)

For this week? If you like the Bills, you won't like my prediction :)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Not a Cincy fan, but I think Dalton is getting a little more time and is still a decent QB. Green is going to get a ton of targets and the Cincy D is going to make the Browns rookie QB look bad.

Cincy 27 Browns 13

I like it!!

I didn't nail the score, apparently gave the Brownies too much credit :)

Pretty close! Care to pick the Bills game? :)

For this week? If you like the Bills, you won't like my prediction :)

Heck no! Bengals fan!
  • Jimbo18
    Not gonna guess on the exact score but bet the under and take your boys.
  • deronb1
    Done and done! :)
  • Just when I thought the Browns couldn't get worse they get embarrassed by the Bengals. Going to be a long season.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • deronb1
    Just when I thought the Browns couldn't get worse they get embarrassed by the Bengals. Going to be a long season.

Hopefully, they will stay with Hugh and Kiser, continue to draft well and develop some continuity.
  • Jimbo18
    Kiser isn't as bad as his stats. Check out all the drops his "receivers" have. I have receivers in quotes, cuz they actually have to catch the ball to receive it. Ya know?
  • Stinkin Kenny Britt needs to take a hike.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I'm beginning to think the playing surface in Minnesota is all effed up. Seems every player in a position requiring mobility (QB, RB, WR, etc.) seem to have that ACL tear occur. There have been far too many of this type of injury occur on the Vikings roster the past several years. Some opposing teams have lost players to the MN turf as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    tonyb wrote: »
    I agree the team ownership still pays taxes on their profits. League offices are not for profit they operate on a budgeted funds from the owners and balance with expenses. Anything left goes back to the owners. It doesn't mean they are not expensing private jets, luxury cars, etc. but those would have to be considered reasonable to their business environment. Either way they aren't hurting, and Uncle Sam is getting his.

Nope, they aren't hurting, and Uncle Sam may be getting some, but he gives it right back in the form of huge subsidies. Not a fan of very wealthy people making more coin of the backs of the taxpayers. Same can be said for other sports/industries. Not to mention the local and state tax breaks they all get while every time they want a new stadium.....who gets to pay for it ?

That's like you as Joe citizen wanting to open a restaurant in xyz city, and having the taxpayers build the joint for you. Sure, after the place is built, you benefit some from the tax income they create, but wouldn't that also be true of Joe citizen with his shop ? Mind you a big difference in incomes generated but also a big difference in cash outlay.

When the little guy wants to expand his business, he takes out a loan and puts his neck on the line. These super rich guys, use your money to expand their business/brand, often with certain guarantees too.

This isn't even close to being correct.

No, not close to being correct, it is correct.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/30/news/companies/nfl-taxpayers/

Ugh...Uncle Sam isn't giving any preferential treatment to the NFL. Your article notes state and local govt. providing a number of incentives which include tax breaks. This is because it is benefiting the taxpayers more than anyone. NFL teams will generate more revenue, jobs, and growth for that city in the long run to justify the incentive. This is just how business is done everywhere. Don't think for a second there are not incentives and programs to assist small business and startups that also are funded by tax dollars.

Also it's not like these stadiums built with tax dollars are owned by the team. They are leased, typically by a third party, ATT, Verizon, Quicken Loans, value city, etc and naming rights are given for a large sum of money that goes back to the owner of the stadium, not the NFL team.

As long as these teams are turning a profit they are paying their owed taxes. Municipal bonds are not special for the NFL either, they are made available and are used by almost any interested party if the terms make sense.

ugh too, the difference between tax dollars for small start ups and the NFL is that those tax subsidies for small businesses end as they get established, with the NFL it's on going. Corporations that well to do should not be receiving tax dollars, period, across any industry.

Major cities do not need to attract sports teams, they are going to go where the people and the money are anyway. If they can afford to pay these athletes tens of millions of dollars, then they can afford to cough up for their own stadiums. The NFL isn't a small business start up, all the teams are owned by very rich dudes. They don't need tax payer money to subsidize their teams, we have banks for that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ^^but they employ people and bring dollars to the local economy. Or are you now tired of that worn out argument. What about this Foxcom thing in Winconsin, I believe is where it's at. What about the latest example Carrier Corp, what is the difference? Other than one creating new jobs and one keeping jobs. Happens everyday across this nation. I call it a "race to the bottom".
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Why can't 99.987% of all people involved in the NFL pronounce the word "route" properly?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I rout for a living, I'm a router operator and I know how to rout.

or did you mean route?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Viking64
    voltz wrote: »
    I rout for a living, I'm a router operator and I know how to rout.

or did you mean route?

There you go. *thumbs up*
  • Kind of reminds me of the demonstration telegraph that Samuel F.B. Morse sent from Congress: "What has God rout ?".
    You-know-who was a carpenter, so I guess that was pretty appropriate.

Although it was sent to Maryland, so maybe he meant "What's the route, God ?" ?
    Sal Palooza
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    That's how you can tell if you're from Wisconsin or Minnesota: say something like, "Let's go out on the route." It's in the accent.
  • tonyb
    ^^but they employ people and bring dollars to the local economy. Or are you now tired of that worn out argument. What about this Foxcom thing in Winconsin, I believe is where it's at. What about the latest example Carrier Corp, what is the difference? Other than one creating new jobs and one keeping jobs. Happens everyday across this nation. I call it a "race to the bottom".

Your right Motor, it does happen all over across many industries. If they want to go, let them, just tax the crap out of their products coming back in the door. If they want access to American consumers, they should be able to provide the jobs for them also. That's my thinking on it.

There is simply no way we as Americans can compete with products made outside the USA with slave/child labor. That is a race to the bottom if you try to. We can only even the playing field by not making it advantageous for companies to move those jobs overseas.

There are so many areas that need attention, but we have little funds to really make an impact. We can't keep giving away the store while the store falls in disrepair.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    BTW....by the looks of things....my Bears season is over already.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

Everybody else knew that back in January. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb

Everybody else knew that back in January. :p

There's always hope John, as short lived as it is. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    I saw the Bears play the Packers at Lambeau on Christmas Day about 10 years ago and I think that game was for the division title. Nowadays it seems the first half of a team's season is less and less of a precursor to the second half. So, don't give up hope.....for a wild card. :p
  • Jimbo18
    Not gonna guess on the exact score but bet the under and take your boys.

@deronb1 I hope you made some money on my prediction :) Unfortunately, I missed on the Cleveland score.
  • deronb1
    I did not bet, but helped in the confidence pool!
  • Viking64
    Skol Vikes!

Sorry, I don't advocate tobacco. :p
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    If this is going to happen I just wish it had of happened a week ago. :|
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited October 2017
    I saw that play when Aaron got hit. Why wasn't there a flag ?
    The tackler came in with his head first..right ? No flag...but look where they were playing .

On a side note;
    Anybody notice how the networks DON'T show the National Anthem before the games anymore ? I noticed a couple of weeks ago.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Tony M wrote: »
    On a side note;
    Anybody notice how the networks DON'T show the National Anthem before the games anymore ? I noticed a couple of weeks ago.

The networks/media need to cool their jets period, they are part of the blame for the BS

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Wow. the lowly Bolts shock the Faders. and we have no unbeaten teams.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703