the trade winds were blowing

Options
I already owned EPI 100V, EPI M110s and recently EPI m-201s which were kinda big in the style of the Bose 601s w/ both a front and top firing 8" woofers and 2 of the famous Burhoe tweeters. Problem they were to big for my room and I listed them on C/L and no movement. I saw the guy who I actually bought my 100v from and asked would he be willing to do a straight up non cash deal for the 201s and I would get Ohm model L the totl cabinet speaker Ohm makes. He came over brought the ohms in very good nick as the English say and my 201s sonically perfect but the grills while no cat scratch fever or snags were a tad worn. After we both auditioned each model we agreed we wanted each others speakers. I know if I had to I could of parted out the 201s and EPI driver command $40 a piece easily but not into that. My Ohm Ls are now on slant stands and for a bookie sound fantastic and can go loud.
You might notice that there is no Ohm logo on their dust covers which g.ave me pause. I mailed Dave whose doing great and said who ever did the surrounds and dust was a pro at his job. These are not Radio Shack drop ins and again sound fantastic...lew5lh7hcavi2er.jpg
htu5q6kuq061.jpg
4068ao81ccgl.jpg
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments