i Feel stupid I need advice any help appreciated

Options
I am hoping someone can help me and give me their thoughts verses me testing reading and trial and error overall some input from someone and save me a lot of research. I’ve always just had my stereos and never really tried to pair things and want to downsize to one system I have always had denon recievers and polk speaker since bought my first used 26 years ago I’ve bout some used and have ended up with abundance so looking for best avenue and eliminate other

I have a denon ave s900w 7.2 currently I had rm 101 sattelites in front surround satellites rear surround rm 202 center monitor 60 up front I was going to run a set of r300 off front channel as well. I guess I always have had the theory that more speakers is better do I have a Boston acoustic splitter. in another room of a pair of monitor 70s and a cs1 center

I guess overall I’m looking for some input to have one good system I understand some of these are older and I’m behind in times a bit but any input would be appreciated I primarily just listen to music live concerns. So if anyone has some ideas I would love to hear them

Phil

Best Answer

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Build a system with your Polk Monitor speakers for Fronts/Side surrounds, and if you feel the need, add whatever you feel is the better speaker for the rear surrounds.

Then take the most powerful receiver you have and use it. List what that system would look like and I can give you my thoughts on if your receiver could use an upgrade or not.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Answers

• djperez81
    Options
    More speakers isn't necessarily better if you don't have the power to run them. I would definitely put the monitor 70 up as your fronts.
    Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
    -Jimi Hendrix
  • phil1369
    Options
    I put 70s upfront unfortunately placement of room setup (which can’t change) the 60s need to behind/next to me so guess I need to use them as rear surround and then the 101s as front which stinks but they are on wall in front of me and using csi1 as center pushing with denon avrs900w and have Polk psw10 sub I am able to hook up 2nd sub but doubt necessary. Would you hook up 2nd sub I do have a velodyne vrp10? If it’s going to alter performance I could put the 60s on same wall as 70s just might look funny. I also have access to be able to buy a set of tsi100s maybe use them as fronts instead of rm101s?? I have slowly been upgrading that’s how I got into this situation I just picked up the 70s and center cheap I realize they are still older but got great deal I think. Let me know thoughts if this all makes sense

Thanks so much

• phil1369
    Options
    Putting 60s as surround then using 101s as rears as I just read something else sheesh this is all so confusing
  • djperez81
    djperez81 Posts: 388
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So you're saying the 70s don't fit up front? If so I would go with the 60s especially since you like to listen to live concerts.
    Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
    -Jimi Hendrix
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Any chance you could take some pictures to show us? I will try to re-read your posts again later, but pictures would be the best scenario...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • phil1369
    Options
    I will tonight or in morning had to come to work but thanks