Time for another Vanilla rant

What a piece of junk software. Vanilla, as has been mentioned by many, is terrible. This week I have had to sign in on my PC, twice on my iPad, and just now on my phone.

What good is the 'stay signed in' option if it doesn't work. LOL.

What a piece of junk. I hope Polk got this for free since it isn't worth anything.
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited September 2017
    So you had to type a bit more... pure lazy if you ask me. Why, back in my day we had to actually sit down at a desk and wait for an eternity for the modem to find a connection. And god forbid you had a party line...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    I am certain Jesse will weigh in here, but I seem to remember him saying something about painting in buffalo blood on cave walls around the time fire was discovered
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • I'll forward this to the contact at Vanilla.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    So you had to type a bit more... pure lazy if you ask me. Why, back in my day we had to actually sit down at a desk and wait for an eternity for the modem to find a connection. And god forbid you had a party line...

We used to have to pick up the telephone and make funny buzzing noises into it to establish communication with Telenet. We only had zeros, too -- no sissy ones in my day, laddies.

on topic.

I find that I, randomly, have to sign back in if I've been on the forum using a different 'pute. I rotate between two different laptops ("home" and "work", roughly speaking) and sometimes find, after being on one, I have to re-sign in on the other. Not sure if this is related or it's by design.
  • Back in the day, we'd have to wade waist-deep out in the marshes to collect reeds, fighting off snakes, mosquitoes, and badgers every step of the way.
    We'd then have to pound the reeds into a thin layer to dry in the sun to make a papyrus paper.
    The hard part was when we wanted to write. The papyrus paper could only be written on using the blood from a Vestal ... uhm ......well, person.
    We didn't get a lot of writing done back then.
    Things got a lot easier once Heisenberg invented movable type.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Back in the day, we'd have to wade waist-deep out in the marshes to collect reeds, fighting off snakes, mosquitoes, and badgers every step of the way.
    We'd then have to pound the reeds into a thin layer to dry in the sun to make a papyrus paper.
    The hard part was when we wanted to write. The papyrus paper could only be written on using the blood from a Vestal ... uhm ......well, person.
    We didn't get a lot of writing done back then.
    Things got a lot easier once Heisenberg invented movable type.

1) danged badgers!

2) Heisenberg -- you certain about that? (ahem)

;)

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I'll forward this to the contact at Vanilla.

Thanks. Good to read something on topic. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    BlueFox wrote: »

Danged badgers! Heisenberg may or may not have been right!

;)

(I'll stop now)
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    (I'll stop now)

Maybe you will.
    Maybe you won't.
    Maybe you will AND won't.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    (I'll stop now)
    what a catty thing to say ;)

• nooshinjohn
    BlueFox wrote: »

We are on topic, that being pointing out how lazy people have become. :p

• mhardy6647 wrote: »
    (I'll stop now)

Maybe you will.
    Maybe you won't.

Ask Doc what time it is and he'll tell you how to build a watch... B)
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Is he or isn't he ?
    The answer is, "Yes".

nth6ysaikz3u.jpg

This might be on topic. I'm afraid to scroll back to find out.
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

• Thyme has come today, courtesy of the Chambers Brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKIzbO5Q1nQ
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Thyme has come today, courtesy of the Chambers Brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKIzbO5Q1nQ

Heh, you beat me to it -- this is a heck of a song (as are the other ones linked above).

Of course, I was probably asleep when you posted it :)

Maybe, to stay true to the thread topic :P we should listen to some Vanilla Fudge.

https://youtu.be/R3ChToIvLRM
  • Well, the group did have "Vanilla" in its title, so that post is definitely on topic.
    As a matter of fact, there's been more than a few occasions when using Vanilla that I've said, "Oh, WTF !" ("Oh, What the Fudge").

Double on topic with the related song, "You Keep Me Hanging On".

So keep hanging on, OP. Or should I say, "sloOPy" ?
    Here's some inspiration to help.
    Mmmm ..... inspiration. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FdV1dFvKA8
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Note that I explictly avoided invoking Vanilla Ice.

• Yes, and is much appreciated. Your effort will be reflected positively on your yearly evaluation by Management.

On a related note, the dancer in the inspirational "Sloopy" video just happens to be the wife of Rick Derringer, the lead singer of "The McCoys".
    She has blonde hair, which can sort of be considered Vanilla colored.
    Sal Palooza
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
    3t2gunicrqif.jpeg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Eh the odd time I gotta log in again but it's rare...usually staying logged in works long term but Firefox makes re-entering your info a snap with a few clicks....done.

Surprised you guys get internet at all living in igloos...

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

And yet.....You did
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited September 2017
    Eh the odd time I gotta log in again but it's rare...usually staying logged in works long term but Firefox makes re-entering your info a snap with a few clicks....done.

We do alright for basic cable internet...

6651987352.png

Daaam surprised your igloo doesn't melt with that smoking hot speed.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

No igloos here....

hr6mtgfh9d9x.jpg

That is Celsius.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• taokyqgbqhbo.jpg

95% faster than .... Calcutta ? Oh.

You might think about letting Management know, perhaps they might switch to a faster interwebs provider.
    (having to stretch to stay on topic)

Mikey, I see that you have set the "Time Trip" adjustment to January of 2020. If you would, check to see what pork belly futures are doing then. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

And yet.....You did

How -- Schroedingerian -- or is it Jungian in a synchronicity-esque way?

The mind boggles.

speaking of Ice (err, umm, non-Vanilla Ice)... it was, like, 90 degrees (F) here today. Hottest days of this summer are happening after the Equinox... what's up with that?

:/