Polk Magnifi bizarre behavior

Options
We started off with a Magnifi One which worked fine for about 3 months with our satellite receiver then started exhibiting odd behavior. While using our Satellite box remote, the Magnifi One would start to respond to remote commands that had nothing to do with its functions. For example channel up and down would cause the soundbar to switch inputs or turn off or mute. It didn't happen all the time and the function was somewhat random. Polk provided a couple of warranty replacements but these did exactly the same thing. Finally they provided a free upgrade to the Magnifi. Again this worked perfectly for several months and then after a power failure, started doing the same as the Magnifi One. This is getting so frustrating. As it sits now the soundbar is more pain than anything.
The online documentation is not much help. I have tried erasing all codes and reprogramming but this also doesn't help.
Is there a way to fully reset the device to factory default? Anyone else seen this and if so, what was the resolution.
TIA

Comments

• kamflyer
    Options
    I should also add the TV is a Sony Bravia connected via the optical cable. The cable has also been replaced.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    With Polk's bars the usual method of resetting the remote is to place the unit in the standby mode, the LED will be red. Then press and hold the "learn" button until the LED blinks, meaning any stored instructions will be erased and the bar will only respond to the Polk remote. If the TV's remote is an IR type (the way to test is cover the remote and see if the TV responds to commands) it might be better to use it to program the Polk, a simpler set of command instructions for the bar to respond to.
    Cheers, Ken
  • kamflyer
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have done that several times. Also the only codes I program are volume up / down and mute.
    I was hoping there was a full factory reset of some kind. Something has changed as it worked perfectly for several months and only started doing this after a power failure.