replacement speaker update?

Hello, what is the best way to get an update on my replacement speaker? I discussed an issue by phone more than a week ago with a Polk representative. He later emailed and asked for my mailing address and serial number so he could send a replacement. Since then, I've had no update and no replies to my emails. I'm curious to know when the replacement will arrive (and if it has been sent) as this issue with my speaker has become even more frustrating.

Any help anyone could provide on how to get an update would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's form. The best way is via Polk's CS at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1, they should have been able to send you a tracking number.
    Regards, Ken
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited September 2017
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's form. The best way is via Polk's CS at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1, they should have been able to send you a tracking number.
    Regards, Ken

I just tried to contact CS to order some SDA drivers but there is an issue with the phone system. If I choose option 1 (for tech) and then option 3 for all other products it transfers me back to the customer assistant main menu. If I choose option 2 (order parts) from the main menu it transfers be back to the customer assistant main menu.

The new phone menu/system just takes me in circles either way.

Am I still supposed to choose option 1 and then 3 for all other products when order SDA parts like I always did in the past?

Right now I'm trying option 1 for tech and 2 for sound bars but all customer service agents are busy. My first try I waited an hour, I've been waiting 45 minutes so far this time.

What's up with that? Is call volume actually that high...

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited September 2017
    Someone finally answered 5 minutes after I posted this but couldn't help me because the parts department closed while I closed while I was on hold....
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Hello,
    Regards, Ken

Thanks. I did this. I'm no further ahead. Here's what has happened so far.

1. Polk rep on phone asks for details and address to send new speaker.
    2. Week goes by with no updates if speaker has been sent.
    3. I post here.
    4. I talk to different Polk rep on phone who says speaker not sent. He asks me to forward email with contact info and confirms he receives it a minute later.
    5. He says he'll have speaker sent within 24 hours and send me tracking info. I still haven't received that.
    6. Speaker still not working properly.

So now I have a Polk speaker that still isn't working properly and customer service not helping when I call.

What should I try next?
  • I'm sorry for the frustration, I'll send your email address to my friend at Polk and ask him to check for you. He won't be back at work until Monday, however.
  • I've heard from him and he will contact you today.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Weird, i had a bad tweeter last month and after 5min they emailed me. Two days later a send confirmation. Two days after that new tweeter at my door.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • I received tracking info today. We're apparently closer to a resolution. Thanks Kenneth!
  • No problem, sorry for the delays.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Ken's my boo..... ;)